Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a penske double for a 2001 gsxr 750. If the spring is the correct weight how far off is the valving? Going from the shock charts it's .5 inch shorter than a stock SV but how much adjustment do you get on Penske for ride height?

·
Registered
6,546 Posts
Depends on when it was serviced last. Valving on gsxr in 01 is not same as valving used now for sv. You can unscrew bottom clevis as far it will go with at least 10mm of thread still inside shock. If you need more they can be lengthened.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
I bought a penske double for a 2001 gsxr 750. If the spring is the correct weight how far off is the valving? Going from the shock charts it's .5 inch shorter than a stock SV but how much adjustment do you get on Penske for ride height?
I bought a 01 GSXR penske for my 2nd gen SV650. It required a spring swap and even with it at its longest it was still a couple mm less than the 340mm I wanted. I ended up sending it to TWF. They lengthened it internally and converted the valving to SV specs. Surprisingly, it didn't cost much to do.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
^Thats because a Penske is actually stupid easy to work on. OEM shocks are harder to bleed and aren't modular like the incredible Penske.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts