Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

581 - 595 of 595 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Hey all, i'm from NYC and i'm buying a bike from PA. The seller mentioned title must be notarized? Is this true? We don't need to do this in NY when we sell used vehicle, just sign, address, odometer and date.
If he just fills it out without notery can i still register the bike in NY?

I'm just asking because it's a few more steps in the process.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hey all, i'm from NYC and i'm buying a bike from PA. The seller mentioned title must be notarized? Is this true? We don't need to do this in NY when we sell used vehicle, just sign, address, odometer and date.

Just check to see how NY handles out of state purchases. If they don't require the title to be notarized then you shouldn't have to worry about it.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts

Just check to see how NY handles out of state purchases. If they don't require the title to be notarized then you shouldn't have to worry about it.
I think it will also depend on where you are doing said transfer and what the seller is comfortable with. Just sending off a title to someone without any legal paperwork might make the seller feel a bit unsure and could be why they are wanting to do the whole Notary thing.

·
Super Moderator
8,305 Posts
PA won't give up the title to NY if it's not notarized. It's a five dollar five minute thing at any tags place. no big deal

·
Super Moderator
3,477 Posts
I live about an hour west of Philly.
I'd like to give somebody a free ride.
I want to give someone $20 to ride to Thorndale PA
and let me take a few pictures and measurements.

Anybody with an '06 or later SV650 equipped with
SW or GIVI luggage mounting system?
Time and date of your choosing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Wow - not a lot of recent activity here. I'm located in Exton PA. Looking for folks to ride with. I have met up with the Chester County MC group a couple of times, and they're great guys, but.... pretty much all Harley Davidson. Not looking to scrape the skin off my knees, but a ride just a little more 'sport' oriented would be nice. Any takers out there??

581 - 595 of 595 Posts