Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
561 - 580 of 595 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Sorry I haven't been on here in awhile. I live South of PGH now, Perryopolis about 5 miles from where Rt 51 and Rt 70 meet.
No sweat! I think you pico & I were talking in the Pittsburgh Riders FB group. I actually spend a lot of time around perryopolis. We hunt down there quite a bit. In fact I'll be down that way at some point tomorrow. If the weather holds up for the am, I'll be on my bike.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
362 Posts
OCTOBER 19 - 8:00 - 6:00, I have a chance to throw together an ARC (Advanced Riding Class) at Blackmans in Emmaus PA (Not on the schedule - I'd have them add the section), but I need at least 8 riders to sign up to make it happen.

If anyone is interested PM me on this board or email direct at HAPPYSV (at) GMAIL (dot) COM.

There was a club asking for an ARC so I was holding the day, but they bailed on me. I'm happy to have the class - but need riders otherwise I'll sit on my couch and drink beer ;)

Information on the ARC here - cost is $0 to PA residents

http://www.pamsp.com/FAQ.aspx?ID=ARC

location is here: www.blackmanscycle.com

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=en&saddr=&daddr=4911+Buckeye+Road,+Emmaus,+PA,+18049

CONTACT ME - not the office, if I get enough response I will have them add the section and contact you all about how to register.

Thanks
Brian

·
Registered
51 Posts
Pittsburgh, PA, reporting in.

Located more specifically in the South Hills area. Tons of great riding in PA in general, just have to get a bit further away from the city to avoid traffic...

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
Central PA checking back in again for another fun season of riding.

I saw a yellow 2nd Gen 650 last weekend just south of New Cumberland. Is that anyone on here?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Middle of the woods between Altoona and Indiana here.
Going for a nice long ride down to Snow Shoe West Virginia on Memorial Day.

·
very big dumb
9,053 Posts
mike, i'm in doylestown, let me know if you need any parts or help (as i seem to have a basement full of random crap, a bunch of friends with svs, and i've done almost everything)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Anyone still around Pittsburgh? I'm about 10-15 miles north on rt28. Looking for some other riders to hit the streets with. Right now I only have one buddy that rides his monster with me

·
Registered
267 Posts
Anyone still around Pittsburgh? I'm about 10-15 miles north on rt28. Looking for some other riders to hit the streets with. Right now I only have one buddy that rides his monster with me
I am about 30 miles south of the Burgh, there are a couple of Facebook groups of guys that ride in and around the city. 412 Riderz Pittsburgh Area Sportbikes Western Pa Motorcycle Riders. Check them out on Facebook. I know most nights that are nice you can find a ****load of bikers hanging out on Mt. Washington Overlook too.

·
Registered
267 Posts
No sweat! I think you pico & I were talking in the Pittsburgh Riders FB group. I actually spend a lot of time around perryopolis. We hunt down there quite a bit. In fact I'll be down that way at some point tomorrow. If the weather holds up for the am, I'll be on my bike.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

I haven't been on here in FOREVER but was recently reading some bike builds by that Knifemaker dude.. If you want to ride ohio pyle or WV give me a text 412-298-7390

Dan

·
Registered
51 Posts
I haven't been on here in FOREVER but was recently reading some bike builds by that Knifemaker dude.. If you want to ride ohio pyle or WV give me a text 412-298-7390

Dan
It's funny: I was on this forum multiple times a day while I was getting my SV into the condition I wanted, and now that it is stable (-ish), I'm also rarely on here.

Ohiopyle is some beautiful country. The ride there (from Baldwin/South Hills of Pittsburgh) for me takes me on either rt 51 or 43, the latter of which is typically devoid of both other traffic and cops so you can do some pretty spirited riding if you're in the mood.

As a random side note, if you're into beer or camping or white water, there is an event called Beer and Gear held at Ohiopyle that is a beer festival and white water gear expo. I think it is on June 18th. I camped out at kentuck campground and walked to/from the expo last year.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Yep, well my bike is gonna be down for probably two weeks for some maintenance and upgrades. Otherwise I ride through out the winter. Usually 40 degrees is my cut off.

561 - 580 of 595 Posts