Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
peg to seat height update

I will be looking at an 08 SV650N later today, I presently have an 07 SV650S model, If I am correct the footpegs are located in the same place as a 08 n model vs my 07 S model. the guy selling the N model says the footpegs are more forward, which I doubt, so the question is what are some tips for someone who finds it somewhat tight, does anyone offer a lower footpeg ect, so I can possibly ride without my legs bent too much. I was thinking also possibly adding 1/2" padding to the seat.

Chet

well I did get to check out the 08 sv650N model, not crazy about the bend in my legs when sitting on bike and the bars were kind of narrow, maybe I was expecting more of a standard bike, my next question has anyone ever rode a 650 V Strom. any thoughts, I am going to see if I can find one to sit on before I get more serious on my next bike.

·
Registered
56 Posts
there are some threads about a BUELL foot peg which with slight modification bolts on and drops your peg about 1 inch. However, it makes it stick OUT about an inch b/c the it doesn't move the location of the hinge. if you rest your foot on the hinge, you might not like it.

there are several "rearsets" or "plates" you can get that are made to move your pegs up and back -- but some can be mounted upside down to move your pegs DOWN and back.

i haven't tried any of these yet, but i've read a few things about them.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Naked pegs are more upright than "S" model pegs if that's what you're asking. The bars + peg position will give a more upright feel compared to your "S" model with clip-ons and rear sets.

·
Registered
152 Posts
The pegs are more upright, but isn't the position of the pegs the same? That is, it's just the rubber portion on the S pegs that are oriented more forward to accommodate the clip-on bars, right?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts