Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve seen kits that move the pegs up, or even rear sets that make your legs high and tight. What about the opposite? I have a first gen I’m contemplating into a better commuter bike, and opening up the leg triangle would be nice. Thoughts, experiences resources?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
I installed Buell pegs on my G1. They are about 1" lower than stock and my 34" inseam knees now almost fit under the tank cutouts. They were still available at some Harley stores when I bought 'em last summer, about $50. They do require a bit of file work to fit into the stock brackets, took me about two hours.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I just bought some adjustable pegs from Ebay for my Gen 2. They give me a drop of about 1.5".
Sorry I don't have the link handy but a search should work. The trade name is M Factory and they cost around $40. They are a very easy install but I haven't ridden yet as there's 3" of snow out there.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I installed Buell pegs on my G1. They are about 1" lower than stock and my 34" inseam knees now almost fit under the tank cutouts. They were still available at some Harley stores when I bought 'em last summer, about $50. They do require a bit of file work to fit into the stock brackets, took me about two hours.
Do you remember which buell model the pegs were from?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just bought some adjustable pegs from Ebay for my Gen 2. They give me a drop of about 1.5".
Sorry I don't have the link handy but a search should work. The trade name is M Factory and they cost around $40. They are a very easy install but I haven't ridden yet as there's 3" of snow out there.
I’ll look into that, hopefully they have a Gen 1 kit as well

·
Registered
49 Posts
I was looking at the Buell pegs as well. A search here found this part number N0006.1AD.
Buell models XB 12 2003 and later. Also fit the XB9R and 9S.

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
As I recall there are two styles of Buell pegs, a rounder one and a flatter one. That P/N sounds familiar - I ordered my last set from Saint Paul Harley Davidson last summer. Both styles seem to have the same amount of drop and I think they're interchangeable. My G1 is the third bike on which I've installed Buell pegs, also on my 996 Superhawk and my ZRX1100. They're not perfect in that they space the pegs out slightly wider than stock and require a bit of duck-toe to actuate the gear shift and rear brake. Some are more bothered by this than others.

·
Registered
49 Posts
The pegs I bought on Ebay have a similar issue in that they space your feet out a little. I'm going to extend the shifter arm about 1/2 to 3/4" and do something, perhaps a slight outward bend on the brake pedal to avoid the pigeon-toed problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts