Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my tach face has been peeling a while, it's just got to the point where it's interfereing with needle travel now.

I did a search, but couldn't fine anything definative for a 99 nekid, all I want to do is replace the face, I went to the indiglo site, apparently the indiglo faces need some wiring but are suposed to be able to install without removing the needle

what are my options

J

·
0 Posts
I have a tach face sitting in my garage.. i could prolly mail it to you if u want. I Dont know if u have looked at the gauges before, but once the housing is off the birdcage, its like 8 screws on the back.. Take it apart, remove the needle, remove 2 small screws and voila the face plate is free.
The face plate i have i beleive is from sv400 (11k redline) but everything else is the same, actually it may be from a 650, i will check tomorow.

let me know if ya want it.

Oh.. and since u are removin the needle, once u put it back on you should connect it to the bike and start it. Let it warm up and make sure the needles is positioned at the correct spot before putting it back together..... learned that the hard way on the speedo and tach!

·
Registered
238 Posts
ok this is crazy but I gotta ask, I want to change the guage face to a custom pic, I think I can get the image printed onto Hi quality material but my issue would be the numbering being in the right spot. Anybody got suggestions?

There's my speedo face ;D

and mary will keep track of the revs.

Tell me that ain't cool as hell ;D

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
I don't know if the ones you're looking at are the same as the ones streetracerparts sell, but if they are then it's worth mentioning that I couldn't fit them without removing or modifying the needles- our reedles stick out both sides of the centre, making fitment impossible. I cut off the part that sticks out behind the needle, seemed the simplest option, and it worked fine.

The wiring is very straightforward- I'd say to take it off the headlight rather than the sidelight, since if you use the sidelight then the dials come on if you ever use the parking lights. However, the dials say "Do not bend tabs" many times in the directions, but you have to if you don't want to cut a huge hole in the instrument box. Some light modification to the casing was needed along with a slight bend to both tabs.

They work pretty well, not good in dusk conditions but excellent at night, and fine in daylight. I did have one fail after a while but I got a warranty replacement and they're easy to remove.

S

·
0 Posts
I exchanged my busted 12,000 mile guage package for a 12 mile unit. Problem is they must have been take offs that say in the texas sun 6 months straight, my tach has been peeling like crazy and havent used the tach for over a year. And indiglo is a ripoff for 75.00 or so. Just ranting...

·
Registered
290 Posts
RandyO

What ever happened with this? I currently am having the same problems, and wanted to know potential solutions.

Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts