Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was washing the SV when I thought I would try a trick I heard on an auto show. I had a bunch of road tar on my bike from a trip I took to VA. I had heard that you could just smear a little peanut butter on the tar and it would take it right off. I was surprised at how very easy the tar came off. This is an excellent and very cheap way to get tar off of your vehicles. Just thought I would share.

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
I wonder if it will work on the back of my jacket. Or my hair... then will I have to use mayonnaise to get the peanut butter out of my hair? Then how do I get the mayonnaise out of my hair? Gum?

Josh

·
Registered
17 Posts
Kerosene works great, but most people don't have some in their garage. WD-40, cleans up road tar and also does a good number on 'flung-off' chain lube on your wheels and chain guard.

FWIW.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
"Goo Gone" is also a great road tar remover and won't hurt painted surfaces. FYI :)

·
Registered
703 Posts
ShaggyZ said:
I wonder if it will work on the back of my jacket. Or my hair... then will I have to use mayonnaise to get the peanut butter out of my hair? Then how do I get the mayonnaise out of my hair? Gum?

Josh
"Whatever you do don't use a bone" Sideshow Mel's advice to Lisa Simpson when she had gum in her hair.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts