Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 159 Posts

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
updated 3/18/09 1:30PM

Ok so we're planning a SV meet at Neptunes Net ( map )on PCH, huge bike spot for those who haven't been, and then a roll through some of the local Malibu Canyons, and probably the Rock Store.

-- So we are gonna go with the first meeting spot for the LA group being the Chevron station at 405 and Lakewood at 9 and will roll out at 9:15, then they will ride up to Chevron station at PCH and Sunset at approx 10
-- For the North group(both of us ;) ) we'll meet up at In-N-Out at 101 and Oxnard Blvd at 9:45 and roll out at 10
-- San Diego meet up at 76 station in Mira Mar

tenative schedule for the day
7:45AM Meet up at MiraMar 76
8:10AM Leave from SD, to meet up at Chevron station at PCH and Sunset(If your not there by 8:10 catch us on the 5North heading up)
9:00AM First group from south meets at Chevron station at 405 and Lakewood
9:15AM First group from south leaves for second south meeting spot
9:45AM North group meets at In-n-Out at 101 and Oxnard Blvd
10:00AM Two south groups meet up at Chevron station at PCH and Sunset
10:00AM North group leaves for Neptune's Net with stop by USA gas station at Pleasant Valley and Rose
10:15AM South group heads north on PCH to Neptunes Net
11:00AM Both groups meet up at Neptune's net
12:00PM Leave Neptune's Net and head to Rock Store
12:15PM Arrive at Rock Store park and check out the bikes
12:20PM Those who want to do an up and down lap of "The Snake"
12:30PM Meet back at Rock Store
after that we can figure out who wants to stay and go, i'll be lapping the Snake the rest of the day

please post if you're interested and if you are coming from North or South and we'll go from there

LA Meeting spots
eddiemon (S1) V
waywardwit (S2) V
LithiumSky (S2) V
SVDC (S2) V
Marcosf1 (S2) V
JLE (S2) V
jeffmiho (S2) V
yo419g0tamin (S2) V
Hard_B (S) V

North meeting spot
Nevenelestate (N) V
xnoahx (N) V
marksv (N) V
marksv's pops (N) V

San Diego meeting spot
TripleA (SD) V
Matersin (SD) V
Demous (SD) V
*V=verified by PM

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Got my front tire in today which is the one I really needed, rear should be in by friday Im hoping. I might have to take you guys up on that tire change offer. I gave up trying to change my own tires after an incident on my dirtbike that involed my fist and the teeth on the rear sprocket

·
Registered
134 Posts
updated 3/18/09 1:30PM

Ok so we're planning a SV meet at Neptunes Net ( map )on PCH, huge bike spot for those who haven't been, and then a roll through some of the local Malibu Canyons, and probably the Rock Store.

-- So we are gonna go with the first meeting spot for the LA group being the Chevron station at 405 and Lakewood at 9 and will roll out at 9:15, then they will ride up to Chevron station at PCH and Sunset at approx 10
-- For the North group(both of us ) we'll meet up at In-N-Out at 101 and Oxnard Blvd at 9:45 and roll out at 10
-- San Diego meet up at 76 station in Mira Mar

tenative schedule for the day
7:45AM Meet up at MiraMar 76
8:10AM Leave to meet up at Chevron station at PCH and Sunset(If your not there by 8:10 catch us on the 5North heading up)
9:00AM First group from south meets at Chevron station at 405 and Lakewood
9:15AM First group from south leaves for second south meeting spot
9:45AM North group meets at In-n-Out at 101 and Oxnard Blvd
10:00AM Two south groups meet up at Chevron station at PCH and Sunset
10:00AM North group leaves for Neptune's Net with stop by USA gas station at Pleasant Valley and Rose
10:15AM South group heads north on PCH to Neptunes Net
11:00AM Both groups meet up at Neptune's net
12:00PM Leave Neptune's Net and head to Rock Store
12:15PM Arrive at Rock Store park and check out the bikes
12:20PM Those who want to do an up and down lap of "The Snake"
12:30PM Meet back at Rock Store
after that we can figure out who wants to stay and go, i'll be lapping the Snake the rest of the day
I think this needs to be changed as I think leaving at 8:10 from the Chevron station at PCH and Sunset and leaving at 10 from the Chevron station at PCH and Sunset will be hard to do.

Also I posted this to maybe give more options to some people near my area.

18468 Burbank Blvd, Tarzana, CA 91356

This Mobil Station is where I will be at 9:15am for another meet spot (my spot to meet with my local crew) leave at 9:30am to Chevron station at PCH and Sunset meet there at 10:00am also can take a better route to the Chevron station at PCH and Sunset if the group I meet with wants to (more twisties).

Continue on with the rest of the group for this Route

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think this needs to be changed as I think leaving at 8:10 from the Chevron station at PCH and Sunset and leaving at 10 from the Chevron station at PCH and Sunset will be hard to do.
sorry i copied that and pasted it in without looking at it, its correct, that is when the San Diego guys are gonna roll out

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

A= San Diego meeting spot
B= South LA meeting spot
C= North(west) LA meeting spot
D= Neptune's Net
E= Ventura County meeting spot

A= Neptune's Net
B= Rock Store
C= top of the Rock Store run/the Snake(see pic below for better view)
i'll try to upload a larger version when i get home, a little limited while at work(not working ;) )

From A to B is uphill

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks, looks good! ;)
than you sir :)

i'm getting pretty stoked for this ride, only thing that sucks is i am doing a track day the next day so i won't be able to lap The Snake as much as i had hoped, gonna have to go home and change my tires finish packing my truck then drive up to Mojave lol

·
Registered
752 Posts
Man, I'm jealous. You guys are pretty lucky. There's a lot of awesome riding in Cali, but the Malibu Canyon area has to rank up there up pretty high. Decker Canyon is the goods and that Mulholland section is legit. I was out there for my last thrills in early March before moving to the east coast and lost 2 of 4 days of riding to the weather, but the one good day in the middle was outstanding up and down all those great roads. Enjoy fellas, ride safe! Hopefully I can make it back out there sometime. Family is good for something!

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just finished editing a video i did a few weeks ago(March 1st) of "The Snake" going uphill, to give an idea of what the road is like for those who haven't been there yet. Its at live speed, not sped up or slowed at all, and i'll say now I don't suggest passing anyone in the turns especially if you don't know the road, that said i do it two or three times :) this one run there are 25 other bikes in the video, and the way they are talking about the weather there should be even more on Sunday.

1 more week guys (and girls) can't wait.

Video coming as soon as its uploaded...

·
Registered
288 Posts
dude, this guy can't even ride. I bet this video is trash. Some punk newb going thru the turns at 5 mph on his spraypainted hyosung with suzuki badging.

LOL

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
dude, this guy can't even ride. I bet this video is trash. Some punk newb going thru the turns at 5 mph on his spraypainted hyosung with suzuki badging.
Wayward i'm glad i've met you and know that's sarcastic ;)

Had issues with the upload over night, retrying this morning, should be up early today

·
Registered
288 Posts
Ill-nasty!

Btw that R6 has terrible form. I don't know who taught him how to ride. But you're supposed to brake BEFORE a corner, and throttle through. This putz is doin all his crazy leans, meanwhile he doesn't know when to properly brake?! Dumb. I'm a newb and even I know that. Ok, maybe he's not braking... but he's certainly letting off the throttle mid turn.

·
Registered
152 Posts
looks like im out,dropped my bike and i dont think i will be able to get it back up and running by sunday, going to order parts today hopefully.

1 - 20 of 159 Posts