Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
PCH and Malibu Canyon meet 29th March(Sunday)

***Date changed to the 29th*** (can a mod update the title for me?)
updated 3/18/09 8:00AM

Ok so we're planning a SV meet at Neptunes Net ( map )on PCH, huge bike spot for those who haven't been, and then a roll through some of the local Malibu Canyons, and probably the Rock Store.

-- So we are gonna go with the first meeting spot for the LA group being the Chevron station at 405 and Lakewood at 9 and will roll out at 9:15, then they will ride up to Chevron station at PCH and Sunset at approx 10
-- For the North group(both of us ;) ) we'll meet up at In-N-Out at 101 and Oxnard Blvd at 9:45 and roll out at 10
-- San Diego meet up at 76 station in Mira Mar

tenative schedule for the day
7:45AM Meet up at MiraMar 76
8:10AM Leave to meet up at Chevron station at PCH and Sunset(If your not there by 8:10 catch us on the 5North heading up)
9:00AM First group from south meets at Chevron station at 405 and Lakewood
9:15AM First group from south leaves for second south meeting spot
9:45AM North group meets at In-n-Out at 101 and Oxnard Blvd
10:00AM Two south groups meet up at Chevron station at PCH and Sunset
10:00AM North group leaves for Neptune's Net with stop by USA gas station at Pleasant Valley and Rose
10:15AM South group heads north on PCH to Neptunes Net
11:00AM Both groups meet up at Neptune's net
12:00PM Leave Neptune's Net and head to Rock Store
12:15PM Arrive at Rock Store park and check out the bikes
12:20PM Those who want to do an up and down lap of "The Snake"
12:30PM Meet back at Rock Store
after that we can figure out who wants to stay and go, i'll be lapping the Snake the rest of the day :)

please post if you're interested and if you are coming from North or South and we'll go from there

From SVrider.com
1. Nevenelestate (N)
2. Marcosf1 (S2)
3. eddiemon (S1)
4. xnoahx (N)
5. waywardwit (S2)
6. LithiumSky (S2)
7. SVDC (S2)
8. Matersin (SD) weather permiting
9. Hard_B (S)
10. RAS SV (S2)
11. Klyftonite (S2)
12. JBag (SD) if possible

From SoCalSVriders.org
1. marksv (N)
2. marksv's pops (N)

***(S1) indicates Lakewood and 405 meeting spot (S2) indicates PCH and Sunset meeting spot

·
Chief Greeter
28,485 Posts
Hi nevenelestate, Sounds like fun but I have another ride to go on 3/22.

Have fun, take pics, there's that one photographer on Latigo Canyon Road. Maybe you'll see Jay Leno at the Rock Store.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Hey you guys, you'll have to count me out! I went down this morning. I'm ok just a bruised knee, ankle and elbow. The bike has some road rash on the left side, busted mirror, clutch lever, shifter with peg and taillight.

Some nice person put a line of dirt all across the road, when my front tire went over it lost traction and bam down I go.

I think they did it on purpose. The dirt seems to be very strategically placed where the road is on a downward slope and it goes all across the road.

There are about 3 other people that own a bike in my street so I'm gona go clean up the dirt. I'll ride with you guys next time!!!

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
How hard are those canyons? I'm a new rider so wanna stay within my limits...Definetely would like to attend, but again depending on the difficulty level...

·
Chief Greeter
28,485 Posts
I could do the 29th. I'll see if I can get a few of the ocmoto guys with SV's to go, I'm riding with them on 3/22.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Ill have to check my schedule but I believe the 29th is my Sunday this month. I would be down for some riding in the hills.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How hard are those canyons? I'm a new rider so wanna stay within my limits...Definetely would like to attend, but again depending on the difficulty level...
how long have you been riding and what type of roads? I personally hit the canyons while i was still on my permit before taking the MSF course, you just take it slow. the other thing we could do is if there are enough people that don't feel comfortable hitting the canyons then just split into two groups when we leave Neptune's Net. taking it slow through the canyons definitely helped make me a better rider because you can learn proper turning technique a little easier.

Also if you wanted to go meet us at the rock store we could have a group skip the ride down the Snake and just go straight to the bottom(ie the poser way ;) )

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
so i updated the list and we are going to go official with Sunday March 29th, **if a mod could change the date in the title i would appreciate it** also the question of time came up, how does 1 o'clock at Neptune's Net sound, that would mean the South guys would need to figure out what time they need to head up and the North guys could meet at like 12:00(roll out at 12:15ish) from Oxnard/Ventura area. If anyone has any issues with the times or better suggestions let me know. Thanks guys(and girls)

·
Registered
288 Posts
I'm probably in - tentative. Coming from Central LA - so prolly (S). My friend might come on his Kawi (if he's welcome) Versys. I'm a new rider too, if we can take it slow through these canyons, I'll probably be down.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm probably in - tentative. Coming from Central LA - so prolly (S). My friend might come on his Kawi (if he's welcome) Versys. I'm a new rider too, if we can take it slow through these canyons, I'll probably be down.
anyone is welcome, but the more SVs we have the better, and no one is gonna make you go flying through the canyons, last thing we want is a thread about how dangerous our meet was. I'll throw you on the list but don't worry that doesn't make it contractual ;)

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
how long have you been riding and what type of roads? I personally hit the canyons while i was still on my permit before taking the MSF course, you just take it slow. the other thing we could do is if there are enough people that don't feel comfortable hitting the canyons then just split into two groups when we leave Neptune's Net. taking it slow through the canyons definitely helped make me a better rider because you can learn proper turning technique a little easier.

Also if you wanted to go meet us at the rock store we could have a group skip the ride down the Snake and just go straight to the bottom(ie the poser way ;) )
This is my third week...I been riding on freeways and streets (commuting). What canyons were those that you rode?

Anyways put me down for it.

·
Chief Greeter
28,485 Posts
Hi nevenelestate, So the meet up at NN is 1:00?

I am a early morning rider, the time isn't going to work for me, thanks anyway.

eddiemon

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
I also would like to get an earlier start so that I can be back around 1-2. The wife gets mad when I dont spend the one day a month we both have off.

·
Registered
288 Posts
My friend the Kawi rider is probably in, I mentioned it to him today at lunch. He said he'd feel like an odd man out - but that it'd be fun.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts