Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I was messing around with the tail end and now when I turn the key to release the passenger seat, nothing happens. I've read that people have used a coat hanger to manually release the seat. I've tried and I can't seem to find the release. Can someone help explain where the release is? Thanks!

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
the mechanism is located centrally along the front edge of the pass. seat. a cable runs from the lock to the hook that holds the seat in place.

when you turn the key, try lifting up on the front of the pass seat. it could be the lock is releasing but the spring is just not popping the seat up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I tried pulling up as well as pushing down on the seat and nothing happened. So what lever am I trying to pull with the hanger?

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
actually, #9 is the cable, the lever is in #7, where the other end of the cable attaches.

·
Registered
384 Posts
actually, #9 is the cable, the lever is in #7, where the other end of the cable attaches.

You may want to take off your seat and take a look.

Cable must be pulled where it hooks in or riders seat must be removed to get to the other end.

A hanger from the left helmet hook could work if you are good at puzzles.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts