Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I'm thinking about fashioning a removable seat strap to the front part of the passenger seat. But instead of mounting to the frame, I was thinking about securing it around the passenger seat itself (like a belt). Think it will hold up? Or has anyone done a mod like this?

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
I'd be interested if you did, but also on the front part of the passenger seat.

Many other bikes already have a strap there. I would use it to secure my tail bag/luggage a little bit better.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts

I'm thinking about fashioning a removable seat strap to the front part of the passenger seat. But instead of mounting to the frame, I was thinking about securing it around the passenger seat itself (like a belt). Think it will hold up? Or has anyone done a mod like this?
It'd probably be better if it were mounted to where the grab rail usually is (unless you're going to have both a strap + grab rail). In that case, I'd recommend using the mounting points for the tail plastics.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This strap would be used in conjunction with the rear grab bar, for the occasional passenger and strapping down packages "4-way." But I want it to be removable without a hassle, so I don't really want to bolt it down (hence, why I was thinking about just strapping it around the seat).

Also, I'm sure there's straps specifically sold for this, but why pay for it if I can just use an old leather belt? =)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts