Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear all,

Hello, this is my first post.

I am riding SV650X (2020) and looking for passenger grab.
As far as I’ve found out, following manufacturers are selling;

Valtermoto, renntec, S2 concept

However, none of them fit the style I desired.
Does anyone know of any others? Or, I've seen some people using the mounting frame of the side box as a grab bar, so I would be happy to hear such ideas.
Please let me know.

Sorry if there is a similar thread.

Best,

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello there,

I don't have one, i'm also interested in a passenger grab as you asked.
Recently i stumbled upon this mounting frame -> link , however i don't know how tought it is and it seems a bit low for the passenger to grab.

Maybe someone already has it and can let us know.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dear Aequanimus,

Thanks for your response.
And I'm glad to know that you have similar interests/problems.

The one I saw before used SHAD's 3P system.

It looks higher than TOP master, the 3P system might be better to use as grab bar.
The 3P is little expensive.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dear wlattsche,

Thank you for useful information.
I saw your comments in a different thread. Is the seat you brought a Bagster's one?
I actually wanted to buy a Bagster seat, Hmm.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Sorry, there is a brand called Top Sellerie. I had never heard of them before.
It looks similar to the Bagster I mentioned, but is it the same?
Nope.
Although they are both french-based (Normandy) manufacturers, actually quite close to each other (maybe 15/20 Km distance) they are two different manufacturers: while Top Sellerie works on seats and leather, Bagster manufactures seats, bags (both for bike and rider) and several other accessories.

If you want to read it, here (and below the initial post) is my experience with Top Sellerie.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dear Skywaiker67,

Thank you for the detailed info.

Top Sellerie's seats are great with free design options.
But if I were to buy the seat, it would be a Bagster's one because of the price.
Does anyone know if the Valter moto grip will fit the Bagster seat?

·
Registered
480 Posts
Top Sellerie's seats are great with free design options.
But if I were to buy the seat, it would be a Bagster's one because of the price.
I understand it.
I didn't buy a complete seat, but shipped mine, had them rebuild it and ship it back, this way I saved some money.
Plus, I bought the rebuild of my seat in December/January, when they usually have special discounts and/or offer the gel inserts for free on their premium seats.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If I were living in Europe, I would probably do the same as you.
Although Suzuki is a Japanese brand, there are few custom parts for SV in Japan. So I'm having trouble with the Grab bar.

Thank you,

·
Registered
480 Posts
Although I don't have any experience with Bagster seats, I had a look at Valtermoto grab handles installation instructions (available on their website).

It looks as the handles add some thickness between the seat and the bike frame (there are two quite thick spacers to be added between the handles and the frame, on the mounting screws), which requires removing the two rubber cushions located under the seat, close to the locking stirrup, and adding a washer/spacer under this latter.
In any case, the locking system of these handles is exactly the same as the one for the OEM top box mounting (this latter requires cutting scallops into the plastic side fairings), therefore I can't imagine why the grab handles shouldn't work with any SV-compatible seat.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Thank you for comments.

I was wondering why Valtermoto's grab cannot be used for Top Sellerie's seat that Mr. wlattsche commented on.
As you said, with a few modifications, both might be used simultaneously. I'll consider it.

And I got the information that Endurance, a Japanese manufacturer, is developing a carrier for SV. It seems to include Grab.
They are planning to release it in this December.
I don't know if international shipping is possible, but I hope this information will be helpful for someone else.

Sorry for Japanese site.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I got another information about Grab. Kijima, also Japanese manufacturer, is developing the grab as pics.
This is similar to the renntec's one, but the mounting are different and the grab bar has additional hooks for luggage.
It is scheduled to be released in January next year.

I hope more custom parts for the SV will be released in Japan and any country!
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive tire Vehicle
Tire Land vehicle Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle
Fuel tank Tire Automotive design Automotive tire Automotive lighting

·
Registered
480 Posts
I bought the Valter moto ones, they look quite good in person, but I can't use them due to my modified seat.
If you have the stock seat....they are for sale.
Care to share why Valtermoto grab handles don't work with a Top Sellerie Seat?
I am curious since they use the same mounting points as the OEM Suzuki top box setup, and this one is compatible withTop Sellerie seat (I know because I have this setup).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts