Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a friend who untill a few yrs ago..owned a yamaha dealership. he sold when busniess went downhill a lil'. but anyway...he is still an offical parts unlimited and drag specialites dealer/distrubutor. i threw him can get anything from those two catologs at cost!!!!!!

my questions are as follows:
1. is it right to use him to get cheap parts? every one wants cheaper parts, but is it morally right?
2. what kinda exhaust does parts unlimited carry? im to lazy to go to the dealership and look through the catalog.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
yes its fine (oh and get me a hook up too ;) )

and

they pretty much carry anything and everything....well at least i think so.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
toobrokeforthat said:
no it is not morally right to do this....without sharing the discount with those whose opinion your asking for :lol:
+1 8)

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey..if i could...i would...maybe...

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i would feel bad constantly calling my guy and asking him...
plus... ur in cali!!!

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
but Parts Ulimited drop ships...it shouldnt be a problem... :lol:

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
dude!!!give it up!!!

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
then my answer has changed....its morally wrong! :p

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
fine, i wont help you then...haha

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok ok, i will see what i can do. if you got a part number from the catolog. pm it to me. i will try to see if i can get you a price.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
spuds said:
ok ok, i will see what i can do. if you got a part number from the catolog. pm it to me. i will try to see if i can get you a price.
:D

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
hypno-toad has got something there....he can make a little profit from this :)

·
Registered
703 Posts
avalona2000 said:
We will do a big group buy, and slip him alittle something. like if everybody gave him an extra five bucks.
+1

Even if he did a small mark-up, say 5-10% or something, he'd still reap big benefits and extra cash from the members of this forum. Not bad if you ask me, expecially if he were to just take group buys every couple of weeks. Come to think of it maybe I should become a distributor...

N

·
0 Posts
Do any of you guys in the MC business know what the deal is with PU?

I'm not sure there is a dealer price in their catalog. They may be paying the dealer commission direct, using a sliding scale based on sales volume (sell $1K, get 3% back; sell 10K, get 5% back). It's not an unusual arrangement for distributors because it makes everyone sell the product at the same price and gives the wholesaler more control over the final price.

Sooo, it may not be as good a deal as you hope!

:)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts