Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

I could use a few tips and tricks for my gen 1 build. Still need a few parts to complete my gsxr front forks + rear wheel;

- brake lines front; i have a k6 600 front with the tokico calipers. Does it have to be this year and model type of lines? Do I need a 2 line or 3 line system (like the sv oem system)?

- front fender: any recommendations regarding a front fender? Im looking for a caf茅 racer minimal fender so prefer a metal one which I can cut.

- rear sprocket; looking for a 325 t46 sprocket. Does it have to be a gsxr k6 600 one like my wheel? Any brand recommendations? Seems very difficult to find one... (ordered the Zoran kit and he rec. this sprocket. Must be flipped on the wheel so need one with a stepup.

Any links to the right parts are very appreciated.

Thanks! 馃檹馃徏

Premium Member
So, why are you posting this in the "site issue" forum instead of the "Gen 1" forum?

Registered
Good question but I think this forum title is ambiguous. It could be 'SVRider Site' Issue Forum or SVRider 'Site Issue' Forum. I think it's the latter, but I've seen other postings with the former interpretation.

Reactions: cial

Registered
Hi all!

I could use a few tips and tricks for my gen 1 build. Still need a few parts to complete my gsxr front forks + rear wheel;

- brake lines front; i have a k6 600 front with the tokico calipers. Does it have to be this year and model type of lines? Do I need a 2 line or 3 line system (like the sv oem system)?

- front fender: any recommendations regarding a front fender? Im looking for a caf茅 racer minimal fender so prefer a metal one which I can cut.

- rear sprocket; looking for a 325 t46 sprocket. Does it have to be a gsxr k6 600 one like my wheel? Any brand recommendations? Seems very difficult to find one... (ordered the Zoran kit and he rec. this sprocket. Must be flipped on the wheel so need one with a stepup.

Any links to the right parts are very appreciated.

Thanks! 馃檹馃徏
I did have the entire conversion list but I lost it recently, if I find it I'll post it here.

very big dumb
personal preference on whether to use a 2 line system with both lines coming off the master, or one coming down to the right caliper and then a crossover to the other caliper
3 line is definitely trash.
if you're using gsxr clipons you need gsxr length brake lines. if you're using riser clipons or bars you need longer ones.

whatever fits gsxr. no idea on specific brands cause... nobody does cafe gsxrs

525 sprocket you mean? yes it needs to be one for a gsxr otherwise it wont bolt to the gsxr wheel's sprocket carrier
did you buy an adapter kit or how are you trying to get the gsxr rear onto the sv? it's not a direct swap

1 - 5 of 5 Posts