Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Somehow i managed to bend up a piece on the bike that i have. Its a 2003 sv650s and when i was trying to shift into neutral it shifted straight into first and then i tried to shift into neutral and then it went straight into second and so on until i somehow managed to bend a metal rod that now i need replaced.

It is the rod that goes from the shifter peg that is kicked and then is connected to the bike's tranny(i believe). I dont no how else to describe it adn there arent any good pics on the web that i can find that shows that side of the bike close enough for me to show it.

Pretty much i just need the part number if any1 can get it for me bc im havin troubles findin it out

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Check out the parts microfiche at ronayers.com - should be easy to find.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Do you mean part #29?
If so it's part #25525-21E10

·
SV Hadder
10,486 Posts
that is NOT the correct part number DT.

he rides an 03 and it uses the rear sets from the first gen. what you have shown is an 04+ rearset.

it is either part #489818-001 or 2516376-001.

it is not indicated online which is for the S and which is for the naked. this would be a good time to call your dealer and order the part. with something this small, you'll actually probably save money by buying it at the dealer versus buying online and paying for shipping.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
that is NOT the correct part number DT.
Really? D*mn. This is what they had listed on Oneida, I wonder if it's wrong.
#29 ROD 2003 SV650S 25525-21E10

That's weird, I just checked ronayers and they don't have the S microfiche for 03 and the part number I found is for the naked. Oneida fail.

Either way OP, Zach is right, it would probably just be easier to go through your local dealer.

·
SV Hadder
10,486 Posts
Really? D*mn. This is what they had listed on Oneida, I wonder if it's wrong.
#29 ROD 2003 SV650S 25525-21E10

That's weird, I just checked ronayers and they don't have the S microfiche for 03 and the part number I found is for the naked. Oneida fail.

Either way OP, Zach is right, it would probably just be easier to go through your local dealer.
ron ayers has it, it lists 29-1 and 29-2 but doesn't indicate which is for the S model.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Part number 29-1 is 25525-19F00 and 29-2 is 25525-21E10 on ron ayers though. One of us is doing something wrong and for ego's sake I blame you.

·
SV Hadder
10,486 Posts
ahh, mine are numbers from bike bandit. they must use proprietary numbers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts