Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading Mizatt's post, it got me thinking about buying riding pants again. Problem is I'm 6'3 and real thin. Any pointers on which brands run long? Don't really know what I'm looking for yet so advice on good brands, models is appreciated too.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Dunno.. can't help much.. my sisters husband is about your height/weight..

has the same problem.. thats why I clicked the link to see if anybody had a suggestion I could pass on to him..

I can rule out joe rocket track pants, and alpinestar GPU suits for ya..unless you go like a size 50 US.. then it's gonna be fairly loose on you.. but long enough..

I wear a 48 and everything except the legs fit great on him... about 3 inches to short.

B

·
0 Posts
some brands actually have tall sizes...like Icon makes their Timax pants in a long size. There's always kushitani (damn that's expensive) or www.reflexgear.com which doesn't seem too expensive for what it is at least. Somebody else makes a long size but I can't remember who it was...i think it was on www.cyclegear.com but can't seem to find it again...oh well, hope that helps.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wonder how long their long sizes are? I'm sporting 38" inseams in wranglers. Can get by with 36" without boots.

·
Registered
110 Posts
acedeluxe said:
After reading Mizatt's post, it got me thinking about buying riding pants again. Problem is I'm 6'3 and real thin. Any pointers on which brands run long? Don't really know what I'm looking for yet so advice on good brands, models is appreciated too.
I'm 6'4". but not *real thin* ::)

What type of gear are you talking about? More track oriented or pure street?

Most track pants that I know of don?t come in long sizes. I wear a kushitani one piece, and its probably too short for me. But with track pants you wear race boots, so length doesn?t really matter.

I have yet to find a good pair of affordable textile or mesh pants that fit right. I have a pair of A* air-flo mesh, and if I wear short boots when I?m riding about 3 inches of my socks are exposed (looks goofy as hell). Note, I crashed in the air-flo pants and they didn?t hold up very well. I also have a pair of First gear HT overpants that I wear over other clothes. They are long enough, but much too big if not wearing something underneath.

Aerostich makes a great pair of street pants. They are available in long sizes, and if that?s not good enough they will tailor them for you. They?re about $300 though: http://www.aerostich.com/product.php?productid=16379&cat=248&page=1

·
Registered
744 Posts
Motoport's Ultra II cordura pants. They're $250 and are custom made for you. I finally broke down and bought a pair, and it's just so nice having a pair of pants that actually fit me and have the armor in the right place. I'm 6' and 150 pounds. Chceck out my review:

http://forum.svrider.com/index.php?topic=32712.0

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Firstgear and Gericke make a few things in talls.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
www.newenough.com is a GREAT place to buy gear. As someone said, some pants come in "Tall" sizes. I'm 6'0 and my Joe Rocket Alter Ego pants are about an inch too short. Not noticable when riding with boots though. They weren't available in "Tall" when I bought them early this year - not sure if they are now or not. I'm VERY happy with them regardless.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for the responses and especially the links. Have to check ou the aerostich a little more. $350 with the added length :eek:

·
Registered
744 Posts
I tried to IM you, but I click some button by accident and I don't think I went through, so I'll just post it in the thread.

I looked at both the Aerostich and the Motoport pants and decided on the Motoports for several reasons:

- The pants cost $250 and the separate GoreTex liner is $100, so while it costs the same in the end, the cost be spread out (if you want the GoreTex liner at all).

- The GoreTex is optional and removeable, so the Motoports can be used comfortably in higher temperatures. I regularly wear my Motoports on 90 degree days.

- The Motoports are made completely out of 1000 denier DuPont Cordura, while the Aerostich only has 1000 denier Cordura in certain places.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts