Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
These are Cortech bags I got from RevZilla last Summer View attachment 60364 .
I think I paid around $200
No permanent hardware, just for straps that attach to the bike at various places.
Takes just a few minutes to attach or remove, once you get them adjusted the first time.
They work nicely and as long as you attach them properly, speed will not affect them.
Yes, I recommend them.
Thanks copyjock - those look great - similiar to the SW motec ones only less cash

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
I think a backpack could also cause serious injury if you crash. I use a small seat pack on my SV to carry a rag, spray bottle, and a few other small items. I have a plug kit and compressor under the seat. I can buy a bottle of water almost anywhere. I despise tank bags, but for what you want they are probably the best option.

Thanks rwortman - I have a small seat bag too - just have trouble getting my leg up and over ...lol. I agree about the tank bags - never been a fan

·
Registered
63 Posts
I think a backpack could also cause serious injury if you crash. I use a small seat pack on my SV to carry a rag, spray bottle, and a few other small items. I have a plug kit and compressor under the seat. I can buy a bottle of water almost anywhere. I despise tank bags, but for what you want they are probably the best option.
Would love to see or get a link to the compressor you have under the seat, and a quick review of its ability. Not sure I've seen a compressor worth $0.02 that is small enough to fit under the seat but would love to have one. What are your negative experiences of tank bags? I think they have a great place for long distance trips where you are linking canyons together for a long trip. I find them great for holding maps (most have a window for viewing) and they make a nice pillow for those boring stretches of straight roads.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Motopumps makes the smallest quality air compressors in the US. All parts are made and sourced in the US and they come with a 5 year warranty.
They have an air shot 2.0 version and a cheaper and DIY looking classic version:

I have had their air shot 1.0 version which has an added valve to attach a pressure gauge to, which eliminates having to disconnect the hose in between measurements.
I'm disappointed they removed that for the 2.0 version. However the new one has the advantage of being more silent and having optional clip-on connectors instead of the screw on type.

You can still buy the 1.0 version sold under the Dynaplug name on
Dynaplug Online Store | Dynaplug Micro Pro Inflator.

They should all fit easily under the seat.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Would love to see or get a link to the compressor you have under the seat, and a quick review of its ability. Not sure I've seen a compressor worth $0.02 that is small enough to fit under the seat but would love to have one. What are your negative experiences of tank bags? I think they have a great place for long distance trips where you are linking canyons together for a long trip. I find them great for holding maps (most have a window for viewing) and they make a nice pillow for those boring stretches of straight roads.
I have a small flat compressor similar to this one. I can’t find the one I have and I am rrecovering from a wreck and can’t just walk out to the garage for a look. I have a slightly larger one on my VStrom. They aren’t for frequent use. They are for emergency repairs. I put a powerlet connector on them so I can just plug into my charging and heated gear outlet that I put on all my bikes. I test them at home once to make sure they can inflate a tire without frying themselves. I like analog gauges because they get used so infrequently a battery powered digital one might not work. Yes, they take a long time to fill a tire but it’s better than walking and there better than carrying a sixpack of CO2 cartridges, As far as tank bags go, I admit that they are very practical, I just hate the way they look and don’t want to mar my tank.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts