Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2017 SV650A
41 Posts
Hepco Beker mounts in the picture below. They have a couple different bags that will work. For a tank bag used a Hepco Beker gas cap ring magnetic mount and bag. Picked up a kuggage rack and mounted a Nelson Rigg tail bag.

Hepco & Becker C-Bow Carrier Suzuki SV650 '16- (motomachines.com)
Hepco & Becker Lock-it Tank Ring 5 Bolt Pattern Select Suzuki Models (motomachines.com)

Off topic, but what front stand do you use and did you have to modify anything to fit our front forks? I recall reading ours were too narrow for most front stands.
Thanks,
Jonathon

·
Registered
214 Posts
Off topic, but what front stand do you use and did you have to modify anything to fit our front forks? I recall reading ours were too narrow for most front stands.
Thanks,
Jonathon
Pit Bull stands, the one in the picture uses a pin to lift from the bottom of the triple tree, their front stand that lifts from the bottom of the forks works fine too. Pit Bull runs on the more expensive side but great quality. Started by a former NASA rocket scientist based in Huntsville, AL. He was a racer developed out of need in his two car garage. He's built some great bikes too, Honda Hawk frame with an RZ350 motor for one.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Looks great Salty Sway - what kind of exhaust is that? - I really like the seat - the stock seat is very hard. You're right BeeBoy - the SW panniers are nice looking but far too much money.

·
Registered
2017 SV650A
41 Posts
Pit Bull stands, the one in the picture uses a pin to lift from the bottom of the triple tree, their front stand that lifts from the bottom of the forks works fine too. Pit Bull runs on the more expensive side but great quality. Started by a former NASA rocket scientist based in Huntsville, AL. He was a racer developed out of need in his two car garage. He's built some great bikes too, Honda Hawk frame with an RZ350 motor for one.
Thanks for the info.
Unfortunately Fortnine doesn't carry them, so I'll have to do a bit more digging as Canada has virtually no suppliers locally. I'm not concerned with paying more for great quality, it's a worthy trade-off. Incidentally I was walking passed my bike on the stand it came with and I nudged the bike by accident and the rear frame bent in as its a flimsy POS. Luckily it didn't collapse and I bent it back so the force was running completely vertical again.

·
Registered
498 Posts
If looking for a triple tree head lift, you might want to consider ConStands.
It's pretty sturdy and easy to set up.
I have one since about 3 years.

·
Registered
2017 SV650A
41 Posts
If looking for a triple tree head lift, you might want to consider ConStands.
It's pretty sturdy and easy to set up.
I have one since about 3 years.
Found a nice front/back combo, go to checkout to see cost + shipping to compare to Pit Bull annnnnnd don't ship to Canada. Haha.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have both a Velomacchi 40L Speedway & Kriega R30 backpacks as well as Kriega 30l, 20l's & 10ls panniers. In addition, I have the Kriega tank bag mounting system. My distance rides are on a sportbike (Aprilia Mille R).

I can't speak high enough of the quality of both the Velomacchi and Kriega brands. If you can afford to do it go with one of these brands and you will never be sorry. I looked at a lot of other brands before jumping into the Kriega brand and haven't been sorry with any of their products. For day trips where I'm on/off the bike all day I like the Kriega. If its not loaded up with heavy gear (one time i road with a skill saw in it and that was uncomfortable) its barely noticeable as you move around on the bike on curvy roads. For long distance rides where I'm putting down the miles I prefer a tank bag to rest on and panniers for the rest of the gear/luggage. I've had both of my shoulders worked on so a backpack doesn't do well for long periods of time where I'm stagnet on the bike.

I use the Velomacchi whenever I'm traveling with my laptop for work (by bike, truck or plane) because its flatter in design fitting the laptop better, has more pockets and just works better for pens and things. I like the Vel water bag and accessories better than Kriega.

I got all this stuff over time and a lot of it used off of ebay and forums. If I was only going to buy one thing or to start with I would go with a backpack. Just a more versatile form of kit. I'll use my backpacks when I'm traveling non-bike and love getting thumbs up from fellow bikers in my non-bike travels. The Velomacchi looks like a parachute, so I get a lot funny looks in airports which is fun. The Kriega works great as a backpack for day hikes and off bike adventures. I don't worry about being ruff with either of them and they wear very well. The perfect backpack would be the Kriega with the Velomacchi refinements.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Found a nice front/back combo, go to checkout to see cost + shipping to compare to Pit Bull annnnnnd don't ship to Canada. Haha.
I use a front one like this in red tho',

Canada

UK

Makes front brake/Wheel servicing etc a breeze :D

·
Registered
41 Posts
40 euros for a roll bag (40l) and 80 for a tank bag (3-5l). Or cheap, no name tank bag as tail bag (20l and straps as backpack).
With 500 euros in a pocket... Dolomites, here i come
Tire Wheel Sky Fuel tank Vehicle

Tire Sky Wheel Fuel tank Automotive lighting

·
Registered
2017 SV650A
41 Posts
40 euros for a roll bag (40l) and 80 for a tank bag (3-5l). Or cheap, no name tank bag as tail bag (20l and straps as backpack).
With 500 euros in a pocket... Dolomites, here i come
View attachment 60326
Those bags look way better than hard cases to me.
Is that the Givi/Kappa windscreen? Does it work for you?
Jon

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi Jon, yes, it is Givi. I am 175 cm and air stream is hitting me just below helmet. The worst place regarding the noise. Earplugs is a must. No pressure on the chest, but pressure on the helmet is significantly stronger above 120/130 km/h. Can I recommend it? I dont know. More often... I am without windscreen.

·
Registered
2017 SV650A
41 Posts
Hi Jon, yes, it is Givi. I am 175 cm and air stream is hitting me just below helmet. The worst place regarding the noise. Earplugs is a must. No pressure on the chest, but pressure on the helmet is significantly stronger above 120/130 km/h. Can I recommend it? I dont know. More often... I am without windscreen.
Good to know! I saw a couple reviews online say that it wasn't great for anything other than looks.

·
Registered
68 Posts
As a person that owns both an SV650 and a V-Strom 650, I’d say if you want to carry stuff on a regular basis you bought the wrong bike. However, if you insist, my vote is the Ventura system. Easy on and off and carries a lot. I have used them on other bikes. Currently have one on my wife’s 650 Savage.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Thanks rwortman - I don't carry much at all. Just enough for day trips (water, snack, phone, hat etc). I was interested in what others thought as most of the people I know say that a backpack is a pain and I hadn't really thought of a carry system.

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Love those saddle bags but 500 bucks is a lot.
Love those saddle bags but 500 bucks is a lot.
These are Cortech bags I got from RevZilla last Summer
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle
I think I paid around $200
No permanent hardware, just for straps that attach to the bike at various places.
Takes just a few minutes to attach or remove, once you get them adjusted the first time.
They work nicely and as long as you attach them properly, speed will not affect them.
Yes, I recommend them.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Thanks rwortman - I don't carry much at all. Just enough for day trips (water, snack, phone, hat etc). I was interested in what others thought as most of the people I know say that a backpack is a pain and I hadn't really thought of a carry system.
I think a backpack could also cause serious injury if you crash. I use a small seat pack on my SV to carry a rag, spray bottle, and a few other small items. I have a plug kit and compressor under the seat. I can buy a bottle of water almost anywhere. I despise tank bags, but for what you want they are probably the best option.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts