Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2003 beastie has Yosh slip ons whick kick total A. But the backfiring is a problem and seems to come from the front cylinder (right side exhaust). I read a bit about the PAIRS system and how to plug it with a bolt inside the air intake. Never really followed up on it but now am reading tidbits about it here on the forum.

Any other 2003 or ? Any other riders that have had this problem and solved it? I like the plug it up theory but will that work. I'll rip the thing out and put on straight K&N's if possible.

Advice always welcome, that should be my tagline here. Someday perhaps I will be able to offer the advice!

ps: Is is just me or are most of those icon's doing the nasty?:naughty::-*:lmao::vroom::rock::icon_biggrin::worship:

·
Registered
6,849 Posts
http://www.chewys-stuff.co.uk/

I vote for total removal. Makes it easier to get the airbox off and back on, plus you clean up some hoses and stuff making the bike less cluttered.

Oh...OP please don't remove the airbox. Well...it IS up to you, but you'll hurt the sub 6000 rpm running and then require fuel tuning to try to save what is left of your powerband. The box works well, and is not contributing to your back-firing issue at all.

·
Premium Member
3,472 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts