Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently emailed Dale Walker about any adjustments I might make after adding the slip-on. He said you could stop the decelleration popping by blocking the hose that leads to the PAIR valve. I downloaded the service manual and know where that hose is, but I wondered which way is best to block or pinch that hose off. Has anyone pinched that hose off on their bike, and if you have please help me. Thanks.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I used to have chewy's pair kit....I took it off (or rather put it back to stock).....my popping on decel was still there, and I'd heard quite a bit of conflicting info about the benefits (or lack there of) of doing this mod....I finally decided to revert back when I found out that I stood a decent chance of invalidating the remainder of my warranty with the pair kit on (for reference - don't have SEP but some other warranty supplied by my local dealer.....but don't get me started on how those guys lied and told me that it was in fact SEP......I found out later it was not.....)....

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've also heard that a power commander will help to lessen the popping on decel....I haven't bought one yet, so I don't know if this is acurate or not, and the way things are going with the wife's *new* car('95 Saab 900s that I'm spending almost $2k repairing this week), I don't know when I'll have the $$ to spend on a PCIII......

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'd have thought a PC III would void your warranty too

·
Registered
107 Posts
PC3 won't void yer warranty, no matter what the dealer says (unless he sells them, then he'll tell ya go for it). The best way I found to "Stop the Pop" was to go to the hardware store, get a 3/8" Loose Ball Bearing and plug the hose coming out the bottom of the airbox before it gets to the solenoid. If yer on the bike it'll be on the right side towards the rear of the airbox base. Just pull it and stuff the bearing in, stick the hose back on, dealer wil be none-the-wiser and that pop is gone just like that. Takes about 5-10 minutes altogether and I have done it to my first SV (650) and my SV1000S (totaled yesterday) with no problems or regrets.

Hope that helps

·
Registered
107 Posts
NP, the forum should be here to help out with questions like this ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts