Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive searched this forum for that mod and the most i could find is directions for the 2003 (i think). i own a 2001. is there a difference? if i you 2/3 head gasket to attempt to increase compression ever so slightly(gangster), with my advanced timing key installed, will the be a chance of detonation to occure using 91 octain.

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
no pair valve on the 1st gens unless you have california emissions.

:)

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yup, thats what i gots. i dislike emission standards. i like to pollute. also, a friend of mine said all i have to do to remove the charcole can is to take it out and cut off the lines. the one that cuts the engine out is the one to leave open. is this true and is there anything more to it?

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
aaron.robbins said:
ive searched this forum for that mod and the most i could find is directions for the 2003 (i think). i own a 2001. is there a difference? if i you 2/3 head gasket to attempt to increase compression ever so slightly(gangster), with my advanced timing key installed, will the be a chance of detonation to occure using 91 octain.
Can you please ask again, but this time in English? Thanks!

:)

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok. first, what is all involved in removing the PAIR valve on my 2001 Ca model. also, if i get a thinner head gasket, would that bring the pistons, at top dead center, closer to the valves making a slightly higher compression and if so would it affect it to the point of causing detonation?

·
Registered
93 Posts
ON a 1st gen to remove the PAIR, the valve is on the inside of the frame just next to the fuel pump. Remove that, Block of the vacuum hose that goes back to the fuel pump. There are alos two hoses that go to each cylinder just under the exahaust pipe. You either just block of the pipes, or remove and get block off plates to cover the holes. LP sell plates for $17. The charcoal canister is a completely different system than PAIR. It is there to catch fuel that evaporates.

Andy

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
right on. so is the charcoal can a necessity?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts