Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you do this and what does it affect? This one a new one on me, but I'm willing to wrench. If anyone wants a step by step TRE mod for an 03 sv650 let me know and I'll post the link for you, it cost about 50cents and takes about 20 minutes.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
If you want to remove the entire pair system, you'll have to remove the reed valves from the head which will prove more difficult than just simple wrenching.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is it a worthwhile modifacation other than getting rid of hiccups off the throttle? Or rather, are the advantages great enough to warrant doing it?

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Bloodhound said:
Is it a worthwhile modifacation other than getting rid of hiccups off the throttle? Or rather, are the advantages great enough to warrant doing it?
Personally, I don't think there is a worthwhile advantage. I disabled mine by putting a bolt in the T-fitting and the bike felt like it had less power. Now, I doubt this is true, but that's just how it felt to me.

But other than getting rid of those little pops, it does nothing for you besides remove a little bit of weight.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanx for the response Avid, I don't think I'll be doing that then, and actually I got my bike at MD Racing right now getting my Power Commander dyno-tuned, so I don't think I'll be messing with it now anyhow. Thanx for the info though.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Bloodhound could you hook me up with a link on how to do this mod? Can't find one anywere.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I used Chewys PAIR removal kit and it was worth it. I used rubber caps before and they had cracked and were leaking. Using Cheweys stuff I removed the whole pair system (actually weighs a couple of pounds) and no more poping.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts