Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished installing my renegade airkit, but decided that I didn't want the not needed pair valve hanging off my airkit so I made a block off plate, but I need to add a resistor to trick the ecu. Does anyone know what ohm resistor to use in place of the Pair valve on the 650.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RedAggie03 said:
Check http://www.chewys-stuff.co.uk/ - he sells a pair removal kit and I think he states what ohm the resistor is....
Yea I had already checked his site and he had posted on the sv1000.zyns.com forum that you need a 10k ohm for the sv1000 but the sv1k has a different pair valve than the 650 so I thought that it may need a different ohm resistor. If any one knows otherwise let me know. I think I'll try a 10k ohm and see if it throws a CEL.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll answer my own question

I PM'd TWF to see if he knew the answer and he said that they use a 22ohm resistor with a 5 watt rating. So for future reference its a 22ohm resistor with 5 watt or higher rating. They were hard for me to come by so I just picked up two 1 ohm 10 watt resistors and two 10 ohm 10 watt resistors from radio shack and soldered them together in series in a small brick shape, then plasti dipped the resistor brick.

T

·
0 Posts
I have the shop manual and it states the resistance of the PAIR valve (or at east the coil in the solenoid) should be between 20-24ohms. A little 'worst case' math here...
(14Volts)^2 / 20ohms = 9.8 watts.
best case
(12Volts)^2 / 24ohms = 6 watts.

Go with the 10W resistor at least. Rule of thumb to go at least 1.5X times max needed. I happened to have a 25watt on hand - and it's pretty!

P

·
0 Posts
I'm curious as to the rational for removing it. This is NOT flame bait! I'm really curious.

T

·
0 Posts
1. Gets rid of backfiring on deceleration.

Since it it injects air into the exhaust stream to continue combustion, disabling it also worsens your emissions. Some folks get bent about this, and I can't really argue against that. The best I can counter with is that keeping your vehicle optimally tuned will do more in the long haul to reduce emissions than bolting on extra shtuff. Doing both is probably best.

But, rather than just disable it, you can remove the whole shebang which

2. Gets rid of more crappy hoses hanging around under your tank.

Being somewhat of a minimalist I like that concept.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts