Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for the title, but I'm not sure how to word it properly. The backs of my mirrors are pretty dinged up from being hit and what not.

Is there a way I can repaint them to make them nice and black again?

Should i sand down and smooth them over, and then give them a rattle can paint job of gloss black?

hopefully the picture will show what I mean better then my poor description

·
Registered
38 Posts
I would say just buy some new mirrors and save the hassle and time. They are no more then about 30 bucks. Unless you are really fond of those mirrors i would say go for the quick fix with sanding and painting but i do not know to much about paint, but i am sure someone here can help you just putting in my two cents. good luck.

·
Registered
835 Posts
I remember while doing the DUBs for years several of us would color code the mirror cups(backs) for that added subtle custom touch. I am considering doing the same to mine. Sure you can do it,but you will get much better results if you either have or know someone w/an air compressor and paint gun.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
luckily i have both an air compressor and paint gun, i just have some rattle can black lying around so i figured i could put it to good use

i didnt even think of using the paint gun, i should give it a try

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.