Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a used yoshi slipon for my cbr f3. Its a great pipe ($75 - a steal!) for the money, but its been lowsided so the chrome is in less than perfect condition. Additionally, i really liked the black of the original exhaust pipe. Has anyone attempted to paint an exhaust pipe? What type of paint should i use? Tips and suggestions are appreciated.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Give it a good sanding and a nice clean up. Then hit it with some high temp engine paint (duplicolor seems to work well), at least a few coats. I've seen a few people do this with good success, including my friend on his low sided GSX-R.

·
Registered
51 Posts
The mid pipe for the Yosh can on my F4 is getting painted with flat black BBQ paint as soon as it warms up enough here to do it outside. Cost me 7 bucks, not sure how well it will work but it was cheap so im willing to give it a try. Whatever you use you should probably scuff the can with sand paper before you paint. Maybe 400 grit.

·
Registered
23 Posts
There's a lot of high temp paints specifically for headers.. Never had the stuff last on motorcycle pipes though....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts