Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In January of this year I purchased a 2008 SV650S from CalgaryJodi, one of the members of this forum. It was blue, with purple accents and a purple windshield. Some time, a little love, and a keen eye have transformed her into my dream SV.

When I bought it:

In pieces:

Now:

Any Calgary SV riders down for a ride? :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A friend of mine hooked me up with the paint. They recleared it three times because she's twice as anal as I am ;)

·
Premium Member
3,662 Posts
Much better....

god.. that purple looked even worse in person... I dunno why someone would want to paint the inside of a dark windscreen

So have you risked riding it much yet the past few days?

Mine is looking pretty nasty from the melt days... but today was dry and great... the gravel is fun but it is mostly at intersections anyway

you may want to see if you can reposition the rear plate.... come spring when the cops do their spot motorcycle "safety checks" they may nail you with it in that spot... if you weigh over 140 chances are it will be obscured by the tire...

Did you leave the LED hack-job signal flashers in the passenger foot pegs?

oh.. and you may want to do something like I did on my rear swing arm.... I was warned by a cop because I had no rear red reflector... he said he was going to warn me this time as I had just bought the bike and he figured it wasn't that big of a deal as I still had the front ones on.... but he did say I could get ticketed in the spring when they do the safety blitz checks... I asked if the reflective tape was fine.. and he said... the plastic one would be better but they probably wouldn't ticket me if I used the red reflective tape... but the front had to be amber and the rear must be red...
I just went overboard and added some black reflective tape too... it is the white spots in the pic.. you can't even see the black tape in regular light.. just when a headlight or flash light hits it

·
Registered
447 Posts
That's hot!

·
Premium Member
3,662 Posts
Wow, nice paint job. The blue and purple was a little weird.
you should have seen it in person.... the purple was even worse... it seemed a bit more pinkish to me when I looked at the bike...

One thing that might look good and protect the paint is to get some of those grip/tank protectors that go where your knees sit and a bit in the middle...

it would protect the paint, give your knees some grip for the twisty roads too

a ton of people here use them... I would consider them too but my bike has some lingerie on it :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
3,662 Posts
I see you are now selling this bike (was on kijiji.ca and saw it) the SV too much for you? ;D

In January of this year I purchased a 2008 SV650S from CalgaryJodi, one of the members of this forum. It was blue, with purple accents and a purple windshield. Some time, a little love, and a keen eye have transformed her into my dream SV.

Any Calgary SV riders down for a ride? :D

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
nice 2tone paint!! body shop or rattlecan??

kinda Honda lookin..

i like the way the tail is 2toned...i might steal that id...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts