Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a very close color match for 04 650 grand candy blue? I don't really want to order from color-rite when I work in a paint shop but none of our color chips are close enough. there are may paint manufactureres out there but we only deal with sikkens. I have a rep coming over in 2 weeks to use the camera to analize the painted panels. just wondering if anyone has had luck at a shop that was able to match up. what brand of paint & color code it was from.
thanks,
Les

·
Registered
745 Posts
I had mine analyzed with the camera at a Dupont shop. It matched perfectly to what I wanted. That would be my suggestion. Just wait on your guy and then you'll have a paint code and a recipe to mix by. ;)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
my buddy ordered some for his 05 1000. a month and a half later the 3 stage red has turned to an almost pink. and that was thru color-rite. I am not saying that it is their fault. it could be from the color being very transparent and maybe needed to have a few more coats put on but that was the amount of paint they recommended for his application. and if the body shop can make it up why order & add shipping costs.
just my $0.02 worth.
Les

·
King of D'bags
3,579 Posts
Color Rite sucks. That is you need to know.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.