Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am bored with my bikes color, all ready. It's 06 candy Napoleon blue (sv650n). The paint on the bike is absolutley flawless, all original, never seen a scratch. But I have an number of additional parts that I have collected for the bike, and paint match seems to be a nightmare for this color. I want to avoid ruining the bikes original finish so I don't think that I want to paint it traditionally, so I would like for it to remain reversible. I was thinking I might wrap the bike or try out a plasti-dip spray. I have heard of people, at least in the car realm,plasti dipping car parts and then painting over it with the desired color and sheen. Has anyone here had any experience with this method?

·
Premium Member
4,340 Posts
You could also paint the new bits in a color that "plays nice" with the factory paint even if it doesn't match.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! i saw some of those earlier, i guess i was trying to find out more along the lines of painting over plasti-dip as an alternative. I have heard that it becomes very difficult to remove if you g this route.

You could also paint the new bits in a color that "plays nice" with the factory paint even if it doesn't match.
i thought about doing this for the Belly pan and the rear hugger, but for things like the rear seat cowl, i don't know how many options really look good. i have seen a number done in flat black but thy usually end up looking like a plastic rear seat to me. I can order a new one from the dealer, but because of the color, they charge an additional 60 bucks, on top of the $139 price tag which seems ridiculous for a painted piece of vanity plastic.

·
Registered
7,591 Posts
I was advised not to paint over plasti-dip. Hard paint on top of flexible plasti-dip sounds like a recipe for disaster. There are plenty of plasti-dip colors.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts