Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
donniej said:
If you're talking about Krylon fusion, it's crap.  Actually the only Krylon product I ever liked is there high heat paint...
^ DONNIEJ SPEAKS THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!!11111!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, I painted my dirtbike with the kyrlon fusion (specefically for plastic, bonds better supposably), I prepped it properly etc etc, its crap. Scratches very easy then flakes off. When it comes to painting things I use mostly dupli-color products, they have proven worthy as my rims are painted with that, and the only chipping is from my lowside, thats it. Even that is minor.

This might be a dumb question...but how long did you let it dry? Most rattle can paints can be handled within an hour, but handled does not mean its dry! Just something to think about it.

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
schultzboy said:
it sounds like the other guys here have had bad experiences with the krylon. if i was using it to get a really nice finish on a fairing or something i may have a different story for you. but my application was ok.
I havent really had problems with all Krylon, just the fusion stuff. It was applied to bare plastic, that was roughed up and cleaned so I believe the application was correct. How long did ya let it dry? I remember reading on another board that some people let the stuff dry for a full week before handling and they had much better results.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts