Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

Paint Flakes inside gas tank----2nd Gen Fuel Filter?

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  andyauger 
#1 ·
About 3 weeks ago I had my bike repainted; yesterday when I pumped some gas I noticed a crinkle at the neck of the tank right under where the gas cap gasket rests. I peeled some back and realized it must have been some overspray or what have you. When the tank was topped off, I noticed some flakes inside the gas tank.

My question(s):

Should I be worried at all? Should I inspect or replace the filter when most of the flakes have disappeared in the tank? Where is the fuel filter for the 2nd Gen.?

I have tried searching both on here and google using the site:svrider function and can't come up with too much on the 2nd gens. :rolleyes:

Any help, thanks.

-jon.

#4 ·
well, you shouldn't wait for your fuel pump to make noises. that would mean the pump is starting to have problems (IMO, not expert advice).

the pump costs $450+
the filter costs $200+

But since the complete pump would include a new filter... in a way, I guess it's a good idea to just fail the pump? since you may have to hack the pump apart anyway to get at the filter?

sorry, my logic is all over the place today. HAH!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.