Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I want to paint my naked 04 all black with a white stripe down the middle. Flat black. Anybody have any idea what a fair estimate is??? The body work and tank would be removed and needs no work.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was wondering the same thing? I am also clueless about paint and so I thought i had better do some research first. I would like it to look like black primer basically. But I don't want to have to have it done all the time. Will a paint job like that not last very long?

·
Registered
571 Posts
you can get clear coats that are flat.

look at the ducati line up. they have their "dark" bikes that are flat black. honda has several bikes like this, yamaha has the raven bikes, etc.

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
Do you have a local college/junior college/trade school around? A lot of times for the cost of supplies they can paint it. Granted these people are learning, but if you are not looking for show quality you can't go wrong. Plus they don't want to screw anything up, they are being graded on these projects so they generally take a lot of care in what they are doing.

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
syntheticton said:
you could get by without a clear for flat color but... a flat clear will seal it in better and help protect it from chipping and scratches
I'd go a bit further than that, if ypou don't clearcoat it expect to chip it the first time you ride the bike. Paint is for colour, clearcoat is for toughness.

·
Registered
171 Posts
IMO, don't go flat - it'll chip a lot easier than normal paint. Look at ppl who have flat helmets. My buddy's looked like crap after two months. My educated guess for painting is between $400-$600 US for a good paint job.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts