just bought my first bike. 2019 SV650
came with an Oxford Premium Rear Paddock stand

am totally unsure what front paddock stand I need to buy that will do the job

advice please

thank you

S

· Premium Member
776 Posts
Pin stand is your best bet. Sturdier and you can take the fork legs off. As far as brand, most are good except for maybe the cheap Chinese eBay things. Pricey, but Pit Bull is the top of the heap. I bought mine 15 or so years ago, used them on many bikes (including a 550lbs Hayabusa), just swap pins for different bikes (or not as long as it fits in the hole), they're good forever..

· Registered
715 Posts
For my gen. 3 SV I have this Constands pin stand since 3 years.
It is now on sale with a 30% off discount on Motea (german on-line shop).

· Registered
2000 SV650 N
1,759 Posts
I've been perfectly content with my cheap ass Venom (and my janky Harbor Freight rear paddock from the PO).

Venom Stand

With all front stands, make sure you put the bike on the rear paddock stand before putting it on the frond stand.

· Registered
479 Posts
I really like the triple front stand……you can just do more things with it and I think easier and more secure than the fork lift version.

· Registered
335 Posts
Triple front stand can be used for more than the ones that lift from the bottom of the forks, that was my first purchase for a front stand and followed up with one for the bottom of the forks. I'm a Pit Bull fan and have several, cost a little more but are more robust than less expensive models and made by NASA engineers. Another useful item from Pit Bull is the Pit Crew Tire Wedge, makes tire installation a breeze.

· Registered
918 Posts
I decided to purchase a triple front stand from Cycle Gear as I had a gift certificate from them.
I'm having a problem with the stand making contact with the bottom of the head lamp. Anyone one else having this issue. It's slight contact, however its enough to dent the bottom area of the lamp.

Attachments

· Registered
432 Posts
Hmm, I may be out of step here. I use a hydraulic jack under the engine, in conjunction with a rear paddock stand. This allows work on all the front end,
wheel, tubes, steering head.

Tire Wheel Motorcycle Vehicle Fuel tank

· very big dumb
10,630 Posts
I decided to purchase a triple front stand from Cycle Gear as I had a gift certificate from them.
I'm having a problem with the stand making contact with the bottom of the head lamp. Anyone one else having this issue. It's slight contact, however its enough to dent the bottom area of the lamp.
is the pin tight in the hole? can you tilt the light up before using it? what about turning the bars before lifting?

· Registered
918 Posts
is the pin tight in the hole? can you tilt the light up before using it? what about turning the bars before lifting?
The pin is tight is the hole, using number 19, fits tight with the rubber grommet, 24 w/o the rubber grommet in place.
I can tilt the light, however that means removing more bolts as I had to also remove the clip holding the brake cables under that hole.
I tried turning the bars as you suggested and it works, however the fork will have to remain in that position. If I try to straighten the forks out the bottom of the light will make contact.

· Registered
'07 SV650S, '05 Ninja 250
1,287 Posts
Jon_80 just ran across this recently, he started a thread on it last year: Vortex triple tree lift stand personal experience. Thoughts?
He resolved it with the 24mm adapter, but it sounds like you're past that.

· Registered
918 Posts
Does anyone here with a gen3, uses a triple tree stand (that's not a Pit Bull) and has no issues with it hitting the bottom of the headlight? If so please share what brand your using. I've been using the rafters to left the front wheel, its getting old.

· Registered
918 Posts
Ghetto but effective. I like your resourcefulness SS.
Thanks. I started looking for other models and they all look somewhat the same. The same strait arm that engages the triple tree at the same angle so decided to try and modify the one I have.
I needed to add space between the arm and the head light, the drilled out washers did that. However, the pins were not long enough once I add the washers so extended the pin with the socket that fits tight on the pin and tight in the triple tree.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts