Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there folks I just bought a new to me Sv1k and I have no owners manual with it. I have a few questions that may be found in the manual.

1. What is the long rod/coat hangar tool for
2. How does the front seat come off
3. Is there suspension settings for specific weights of rider or is it all rider preference
4. fluid types ie. dot 4, 5w30 or 10w40, amount of engine oil for oil change
5. recomended tire pressures

If anyone has some spare time and won't mind filling in some of these it would be greatly appreciated. If there are any other interesting tidbits that one should know feel free to educate me. Cheers.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Without trying to be rude, (I would answer all - but I only have an 650 I am sure some differences) - do a search or just stick around for about two weeks and all of these quesions will come and go.

from what I know for sures on:
1: Lifting and holding the tank up... Place the straighter end in the bolt on the triple and the other through one of the bolt holes.
2: Take off the triangle plastic and remove the larger bolt that is hidden. It has two bolt and then a hook in the rear of the seat.
3: Search... Comes up A LOT
4: DOT 4 (yes) Oil type is 10W40 - if in doubt, look on the oil fill cap.
5: Check with tire maker... I think I run 33 and 36 rear

I would really recommend that you pick up one though. Can save you a lot of google and SVR searches!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey thanks for that tip it was just what I was looking for, I now have a complete service manual. Cheers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts