Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently purchased a used SV650 and find the throttle to be overly sensitive (more so than any other bike I've owned and I've owned at least 13 in the last 35 years. Does anyone know of a fix or have a suggestion for a fix. It is the one item that keeps this bike from being spectacular on all fronts.
Thanks
rmclachlan

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
By the throttle being sensitive are you referring to the torque of the engine? If so, that's just the nature of the beast. If not, maybe check the cable. You can do an R6 throttle tube mod. Larger diameter so you need less twist but I guess that would make it more sensitive.

What other bikes have you owned?

·
Premium Member
3,061 Posts
By the throttle being sensitive are you referring to the torque of the engine? If so, that's just the nature of the beast. If not, maybe check the cable. You can do an R6 throttle tube mod. Larger diameter so you need less twist but I guess that would make it more sensitive.

What other bikes have you owned?
Why would you suggest the R6 throttle mod then?

To the op. Check the tps and maybe get a tre. Search for these things.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
I kinda like the throttle, and did the r6 and tre to make it even better. I hate when bike swapping how freakin sluggish I4s are compared to my bike, and most people I let ride it tend to be afraid of the throttle and how easy it turns.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts