Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so I've got an 04 SV650 Naked Yellow and my TCP windscreen got scuffed up really bad. I know it's going to be nearly impossible to match that pearl yellow, so I thought I might go for a headlight mod for a new look.

I was thinking something over/under -- maybe with the lower light sticking out slightly farther than the upper light following the angle of the forks.

I know someone must have done something like this already, so I'd really like to get some ideas from the group and some photos of what you've done.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,520 Posts

Buell XB-12R Firebolt projectors, custom-made aluminum bracketry powdercoated black.

·
Registered
370 Posts
A Hesa Headlight Fire has an angel eye. I'm going naked with one this summer with a set of moto lights. It comes in black or chrome, but the design isn't everyone's cup of tea. My buddy runs dual dominators on his GS500, so I wanted to do something a little different.

from a thread on the ducati monster forum: http://ducatimonsterforum.org/index.php?topic=7364.0

On a monster:

·
Registered
176 Posts
Buell XB-12R Firebolt projectors, custom-made aluminum bracketry powdercoated black.
Man I have many urges to copy this. I like that the edges are so sharp.

How much were the projectors? Did you but the harness that hooks up to them and splice it into the sv or did you just hook up directly to the lights.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
The projectors were ~$140 or so. All the wiring is custom, through a distribution block (ignition-switchable via 4-prong automotive relay w/ fused power wire). Wiring was quite simple...just one pos/neg per light. Connect the positive wire from the high beam projector to the yellow wire in the harness so that it'll come on with the OEM switch.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Very cool ideas... Anyone do anything else? I'm concerned about using too small of a light set because I don't too much of the forks showing when I'm done.

Dubtecv2 - Awesome! I just don't know if I have the wherewithall to make a fully custom bracket like you did.

The Hesa light looks good on that Ducati. Anyone have any pics of an SV with that light installed?

·
Registered
680 Posts
Just saw dubtecv2's in person today. Pretty cool set-up, and the bracketry looked like something that could be done fairly simply.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
It really is pretty simple, just takes some time with a ruler and Dremel...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It really is pretty simple, just takes some time with a ruler and Dremel...
Do you have any more detailed pics of your headlight configuration? I'd really like to get a better idea what you did and what it looks like up close.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Not at the moment. I'll try to get some tomorrow...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts