Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
11,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after much dreaming and talking about it, wife and I have decided to have our own little biking adventure which will take place during mid-September to celebrate her birthday.

http://goo.gl/maps/xy9x

It is going to be a 7 days trip, averaging around 350 miles per day through backroads (we want to avoid boring highways as much as possible). I'll be riding the SV while she'll be on her Ninja.

We are planning on seeing:

- The nice eastern Utah canyons.
- Spending a day in Denver as our only urban stop of the week.
- Going north through Wyoming and spending another day at Yellowstone.
- Continue north and visit the beautiful plains and ranches of Montana.
- Head back south and getting to know the Idaho scenery.
- Ride the awesome twisty canyons of northern Utah before returning back home.

These are the thing we're doing to prep:

- Ourselves. We will be working out just to be in good shape and be ready for any physicall challenge we may encounter. She will also be riding a lot during the next couple of months to add as many miles under her belt as possible. I'm thinking on even doing a track day or two with her during the summer.

- Riding gear. We already ordered new weatherproof gear for the both of us (boots, overpants and jackets). Plus, we will have communication equipment installed in our helmets to stay connected all the time.

- The bikes. They will be equiped with saddle and tank bags, plus the propper attachments for the tent and sleeping bags. My tires are fresh, but I may have to change hers as she is still riding stocks. Oh, and I need to fit the bikes with power outlets to feed the electronic devices.

- Camping gear. We will be going camping several times prior to the trip to prepare and find out what is the minimal essential equipment that we need to carry with us. We already have the tent and the sleeping bags.

I'll be posting pics of the prepping stages and, if everything goes well, in three months from today I will post pics/videos of what we expect to be a very fun little trip.

I know many of you guys have done more hardcore stuff, but to us this will be a real adventure :D

Stay tuned ;)

Sent from my left shoe using the Motorcycle app

·
Registered
751 Posts
Good luck, I plan on doing a trip out west in the next year or 2 so I'll be staying tuned just to pick up useful info

·
Administrator
11,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Overpants and jackets are here ;D

·
Registered
4,859 Posts
All those miles, and you couldn't sneak into WI for an afternoon? I'm dissapointed in you...

Seriously though, that looks like an awesome trip!!!! Can't wait to see it all come together for you guys!

·
Administrator
11,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
All those miles, and you couldn't sneak into WI for an afternoon? I'm dissapointed in you...
Hahaha. Maybe next time, my friend. ;D

Sent from my left shoe using the Motorcycle app

·
Administrator
11,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Administrator
11,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just modified the intercoms. I dropped the crappy helmet speakers (they're useless if you are wearing earplugs) and replaced them with headphone plugs so now we can connect our earbuds. ;D

Music, phone calls and intercom on the go!

Oh, and I also made custom noise-blocking earbuds for me and Silver.

·
Premium Member
6,015 Posts
I just modified the intercoms. I dropped the crappy helmet speakers (they're useless if you are wearing earplugs) and replaced them with headphone plugs so now we can connect our earbuds. ;D

Music, phone calls and intercom on the go!

Oh, and I also made custom noise-blocking earbuds for me and Silver.

Humm, that is funny. The Q2's I purchased from Laxbuddy work great. Can hear music and com just fine with ear plugs. Wonder if they went cheep on speakers?
:ears:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.