Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,152 Posts
thejimdaddy said:
Astroman said:
what other forks will fit on 99-02 SVs?

ZX6R
CBR
R6
R1?
any others?
03and up zx6r forks straight bolt on (with the TWF bearing)

the r1's do but it is a little more work than a simple bolt on
Holy cow, is this an actual useful post from Jim. Its gonna snow today. :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
276 Posts
thejimdaddy said:
03and up zx6r forks straight bolt on (with the TWF bearing)

the r1's do but it is a little more work than a simple bolt on
You'd need the ZX 6 triples as well, though, right? As well as the front wheel, calipers rotors, and master cylinder?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,627 Posts
eisenfaust said:
thejimdaddy said:
03and up zx6r forks straight bolt on (with the TWF bearing)

the r1's do but it is a little more work than a simple bolt on
You'd need the ZX 6 triples as well, though, right? As well as the front wheel, calipers rotors, and master cylinder?
yes, i believe some of the GSXR parts are useable with it too, the GSXR parts are a little better, the zx6r forks are a little stiff

the R1 forks involve an srad 750 triples and a custom front axle
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,627 Posts
stranger said:
DougZ said:
Holy cow, is this an actual useful post from Jim. Its gonna snow today. :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
the devil must have really hard nipples right about now :p
hell, you could cut glass with them :lol:
 
Y

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Are you only looking for USD forks? You can use F3 cart forks too if all your want is the adjustability.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
606 Posts
I like Ohlins forks for swaping!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
606 Posts
RC51 Forks are very good!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
606 Posts
Any HD Fork would be fine... :lol: LMAO
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
sicksv650 said:
oh yeah tragik, i picked up two sets up them yesterday. you know, just to keep one as a back up :D
How ya like 'em? I thought they were so good, I put a set on my 3 wheeler. :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
606 Posts
They cost more than your SV's did... :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yellow Nudist said:
Are you only looking for USD forks? You can use F3 cart forks too if all your want is the adjustability.

i have aproject SV and i thought ill fit something more tricky looking. I like the radial mounted forks. But any USD would look much better than stock SV forks.

the bike will be a mix of SV and Monster. A streetfight caferacer.

GSXR forks sold for more than ZX6RR forks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
744 Posts
It's my understanding that any complete front end can be fitted to the SV using an adapter bearing (where applicable).
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top