1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Ortlieb has been in the business for a long time because of building good products.
A lot of rough treatment hiking and camping in the backwoods, scraped and bashed around on bicycle racks.
Still not leaking.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I have not tested any of their saddlebags, but I have a Ortlieb Velocity. I've had it for almost 4 years now, and it's a great bag. I have used it constantly through thick in thin on bicycle or motorcycle and I take it on airplanes with me. Waterproof like none other. The material is the same as the saddle bags you show, so there is no question of their quality. My only complaint is the velcro that holds the roll-top down is starting to lose it's charm (the loops, that is). Buckles on these bags will solve that problem. They also have a high reputation with Panniers on commuter bicycles.

·
Registered
253 Posts
late reply, sorry.

I don't have the Ortlieb panniers, but I do have one of their smallish backpacks ( approx 35L) which I used to use cargo-bungied to the rear seat (with a tank bag) as my touring outfit back in my early days of 'sport-touring'. Worked fine for 3-4 days.

I also bike to hikes and climbs now and again, and the Ortlieb is brilliant for mixed use. Their stuff is superbly high quality and extremely durable.

I've moved on to hard luggage now, but this served well 'in its time'.

Cheers,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts