Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just seeing if anyone would be interested in this ride. People from OC/LA area can meet at the start of ortega highway ("B" destination) and people from San Diego can meet at the "A" destination on the map link posted. Once finished at the "F" point, you can kinda branch off as needed to get home. There's a couple of neat biker restaraunts along the way. You get Ortega and palomar all in one day. Plenty of twists and turns, we take the east grade road up palomar and the south grade road down. More details later if we get enough people. Posted is the link of the loop:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...3.27888,-116.883545&spn=0.644069,0.86792&z=10

·
Chief Greeter
29,017 Posts
Hi TripleA, I plan to head to Palomar May 9. Will leave from Tustin Marketplace at 9am, will take 5 Fwy to Ortega Hwy.

There is another group that is going to meet at the 76 station on Ortega, they are leaving at 9:30am. Here is their thread and the route is similar to yours.

http://www.beachcityriders.com/calendar/10167064/

If you want to meet there we might be there the same time they are leaving.

·
Registered
152 Posts
i would suggest the ortega hwy as a warmup =D, 2 great runs in 1 day sounds cool. i was there today and it is a run i do quite a bit b/c its close to my weekend getaways. let me know if you want to go skydiving, i jump at Skydive Elsinore all the time, its at the south end of the lake.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Eddie, I would like to join you on that ride but I'm planning on going to the Red Bull Air Race that weekend. I'll let you know if I don't decide to go to both days of the air race. And JBag, you know what would be sweet is do Ortega, ride to the skydive, do the jump, and then finish riding through palomar. A ride for all those who need to overdose on adrenaline. ;D

But anyways, I guess I could schedule this ride a little later seeing that there already is one on the 9th. Anybody up to do the same type ride on the 16th?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts