Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for my SV650 today.

I also ordered a set of Pazzo levers (I broke the end off my brake lever a couple months ago in a stupid garage tip-over and it has been bugging me ever since).

Can't wait to get these in and install them.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Awesome, you will love em! I've had mine on for 4 years now and no complaints...enjoy!

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
SDRider, are the 2's closer to clip-ons, or are those the 1's?

Anyways, please post a pic when you're done. Your bike was the inspiration for me buying a gray.

tk

·
Registered
63 Posts
I think the type 2s are a little higher than the type 1s. I've got SM type 1 bars on mine and I love them.

Where'd you get the Pazzos? Find a decent price?

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SDRider, are the 2's closer to clip-ons, or are those the 1's?

Anyways, please post a pic when you're done. Your bike was the inspiration for me buying a gray.

tk
The Type 1 bar is approximately 3.5" lower and 1.0" forward compared to standard SV and one inch higher than the factory "S" model clip-ons.

The Type 2 bar is one inch higher and .466 inches farther back than the type #1 bar.

So I'm looking at moving my position down about 2.5" and forward about 1/2" over the stock handlebar. I actually find myself crouching down more with my elbows bent anyway to get into a more aggressive position so I think these will be much better for me than the stock bar.

·
Registered
683 Posts
I've had the Type2 bar on my bike for one season. The feel of the front wheel is transmitted to your hands/arms much moreso than the stockers. You lose a bit of flickability through less leverage on the bars. I don't think I'd go back to the stock bar though. I find the slightly forward, lowered position to be more comfortable for me in anycase.

keep the shiny side up.

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think the type 2s are a little higher than the type 1s. I've got SM type 1 bars on mine and I love them.

Where'd you get the Pazzos? Find a decent price?
I bought them online from an internet retailer in SoCal so I should have them early next week. I paid a little less than retail but not much. I don't care, I just wanted the new levers and Pazzo's look sick. I just went with black levers with silver adjusters.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I actually find myself crouching down more with my elbows bent anyway to get into a more aggressive position so I think these will be much better for me than the stock bar.
Yeah I was doing the same thing with the stock bar. You'll love the SM bars then.

+1 for pics!

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I've had my SM2's for a few months now. Really prefer them over stock. My arms always felt too high on the normal bars. The SM2's I think are a good balance between aggressiveness and commute-ability. Only time I ever really feel tired on them is in stop-and-go traffic.

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So, how difficult will it be to install the bars and levers? Any tips?

Will I need to change any cables?

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
You can keep the stock cables. It's no more difficult than removing and reinstalling the stock bars. You may find the clutch and throttle a little more stiff due to the tighter angles, but I may be wrong. I also have Pazzo shorty levers, so that may be the cause....and I can't seem to effectively lube my cables.

Levers are super easy.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Are type 1 bars too low? Is that why you went with type 2. Thinking about getting these bars, but want to make sure I'm satisfied with the riding position.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Are type 1 bars too low? Is that why you went with type 2. Thinking about getting these bars, but want to make sure I'm satisfied with the riding position.
I was torn also. I just went to a dealership and sat on an S model. It was comfortable enough, so I took the plunge on the type 1 bars. I love the riding position, I think it's the perfect blend between the full-on racer crouch of clip-ons and the way-too-upright position of the stock bars.

I think I'd probably be comfortable with clip-ons also though, so your mileage may vary.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts