Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys.

I am stuck between two ideas. I want to do something with my ugly tail. That means get a fender eliminater that comes with a license mount and signals, or i can go the opposite way to do this. That is to get a diff license mount and flush signals. Or i can do a tail light intigrater. But i like the safety of the brake light that flashes.

I am kinda stuck. Any ideas or pics on what you did would be awesome. Thank you!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Depending on the state ie California integrated tail lights are illegal. I would just goes to the tips and tricks section and do the one of those cheap mods. I rather spend the money on a new suspension.

·
Registered
514 Posts
What gen?

What state?

I run a Hotbodies undertail with integrated LED blinkers and it looks factory.

I was also forced into running small blinkers because of the high mount.

I almost never use signals, as hand signals are much easier for the entire group to see.

I only ever use blinkers when a COP is behind me, or I'm taking a left at a light.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a 2001 SV650S in Colorado.

I am kinda leading towards making one just because hotbodies is "hot"... but also a "lot". So i am kinda leaning towards making a one. I did not want to go that way at first because of the time invovled. Nuntheless i probobly will not come close to the look/shape/form of a hotbodies.

However. With some help from the Colorado Sportbike Club, i may be able to find some people who can help me with the project. Then i will just create a mount and go with flush turn signals.

I also use hand signals all the time. But i use my turn signals on top of that because i dont want a stupid ticket for not using it. And i also feel the hand signals make me seen a little more when the car behind me seems my arm go up when i am about to brake, turn, etc.

Thank you for the reply.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
i did this

2 wheel junkie undertail, integrated turn signals, easy to wire, tricky to bolt up but in the end im glad i went with it, i felt like i spent too much money on the undertail to drill holes into it to mount the plate so i figured id put it on the swing arm, i made a quick bracket, painted it black and used the hole where the swingarm screws into...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That does look nice. But also a nice penny for the undertail. Being a little short on money, my options are limited. I love that look though, so maybe i can find some money somwhere. I donno about intigrated lights. The only thing i worry about is how easy it is for a car behind be to notice if i am going left or right.

·
Registered
429 Posts
novakane said:
i did this

2 wheel junkie undertail, integrated turn signals, easy to wire, tricky to bolt up but in the end im glad i went with it, i felt like i spent too much money on the undertail to drill holes into it to mount the plate so i figured id put it on the swing arm, i made a quick bracket, painted it black and used the hole where the swingarm screws into...

That does look nice. Also, how did you mount the side mount licence plate - is it just bolted in where the spools go, with one bolt?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts