Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My GF wants to start riding with me more, but her ass hurts after a pretty short time so I want to see what I can do to make her more comfortable. Is there a decent aftermarket rear seat for the SV? How about a backrest? I think I remember seeing someone with a backrest on their SV, but I can't fully recall. Links and advice appreciated.

Oh yeah, my bike is an 02 SVS.

·
Registered
398 Posts
jcoulter said:
My GF wants to start riding with me more, but her ass hurts after a pretty short time so I want to see what I can do to make her more comfortable. Is there a decent aftermarket rear seat for the SV? How about a backrest? I think I remember seeing someone with a backrest on their SV, but I can't fully recall. Links and advice appreciated.
AFAIK custom stuff is your only option on this.

·
Registered
744 Posts
I believe either Corbin or Sargent makes an aftermarket seat for the SV.

·
Registered
687 Posts
i ran into the same thing with my Gf when i had my custom seat done i had her's done at the same time she likes it much better now i think i shell out $50 for them both to be done .

·
Registered
186 Posts
coyote said:
i ran into the same thing with my Gf when i had my custom seat done i had her's done at the same time she likes it much better now i think i shell out $50 for them both to be done .
what do you mean by custom seat?

Q

·
Registered
687 Posts
well i took it to someone and they added high density foam to it :) much better . you could do it yourself if you were so inclined

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had the back seat on my '04 done at the same time as the front. I went to the Corbin factory in CA. They start with a seat blank (foam and pan combo), adjust it so it installs and removes easily, then shape the foam to remove any unwanted pressure points. They allow you to test ride the bike before they cover it. I had about 30 or so choices of leather to choose from for the covering. They offer a one time return/modification, in case it doesn't feel right after you ride on it for a while. Many people say that the Corbin seats are too hard, but after a 4 hour ride, my neck, due to wind buffeting, is the only thing sore on me. They give you the support that is necessary to eliminate discomfort. My wife said the back seat was a vast improvement over stock. However, the SV is a sport bike, so it will never be as comfortable as a cruiser when riding with a passenger. The wider you can make the effective width of the seat, the better off you will be. While the stock seats look cool with their angular look, it takes away from the effective width. That is why stock seats that have been cut down, feel much better than stock. My seats are the best modification I have made to the bike.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts