Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a  first gen in red.I am getting the Ken Glen full faring,I am considering a black full faring with the rest left red.What do you think?  I am having trouble  visualizing it. Any one want to help out w/some photo shop magic?Please?If not how bout some feed back,I already know red is the fastest. 8)

Sorry no pic,would be the same as novakanes bike on first page of sv of the month Feb  with red fender,tank,and tail.

·
Premium Member
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: opinions wanted on full faring color,and mabey some photoshop help?

MeLLow_YeLLoW said:

Yes,just like thank you Mellow Yellow,I owe you one ;).what do you think?Now I am leaning towards just painting it all red.I needed to see it to be sure.

The bike has black six spoke Cazzorreia rims currently.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
paint the upper half red to match and the lower half black. it looks ugly, imo, with the entire front end black. looks like you dropped it and tossed a black one on to replace the messed up red one

·
Thumper Squad
3,279 Posts
Gee that looks great (like a chocolate dipped strawberry) - Seriously though, looks awsome (wouldn't do it in a million years) - That will turn some heads (yeah, the other way) - I love it, plain and simple - great idea ;)

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
Mmm... On due consideration, I hate that ;) If you broke it up a little, it'd not be so bad, but as it is it just looks like it's not finished (and trust me, I'm riding a bike with fairing panels 4 different colours at the moment, I know of what I speak!)

If it's got to be black and red- and personalyl I think that lacks contrast, and will always look dull, but that's just me- what I'd do is this: Draw a line from the mudguard right to the tail section. Below that, it's black. Above it, red. Then, possibly break it up further- maybe a red centre for the centre of the fairing (more or less in the shape of the original centre fairing, I'd say)

But really, if I had a black fairing and a red bike, the first thinf I'd do is paint the rest of the bike black.

G

·
I agree w/ Northwind on the black/red combination. But if you like red y black, here's my other 2cents...

If you keep red w/ black fairing as shown, definitely paint the front fender black. I don't think you need to highlight the red much since your seat vinyls are black. If you got a solo cover, then maybe add black bitseses to the red. I always prefer racing stripes. I see a lot of folks use japanese characters as design elements; I think its poopy, but at least you'd get some colour matching.

G

·
Northwind said:
I just realised... If you paint it half black, and half red, it'll look like a GPz900 tribute  ;D All it'll need is a big, out of place silver stripe down the middle of the fairings.
Hmmm, flip it around....Red left, black right, separated by a center silver stripe ... an ugly variation on Harley's black/orange/white thang

·
Premium Member
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
donniej said:
[paint the lowers yellow and add some golden arches ;D]

Just kidding. I like the black.
LOL Thanks everyone I too think it looks like crap.It will be all red or all black.Thanks to Mellow for helping avert a disaster.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts