Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
74 Posts
I own a 2006 ST3 and you should check out Ducati.ms and then the sport touring forum. Im pretty sure they even have a potential buyers thread. The bikes are generally reliable, but the aftermarket is slim and expensive. I love my ST3, but if your looking for a platform to tinker with its not a great start. I had a great time building up the SV, but when looking to do simple mods like a new exhaust on the ST3 its extremely expensive with limited choices. Even parts are hard to come by sometimes (my lower fairing has a hairline crack and ebay NOS left or right fairing halfs run $400) but there is some part crossover between the ST2, ST3 and ST4.

As far as maintenance Im pretty sure the ST4 is close to the ST3 (even though the ST4 is older) and that means 7500 mile service intervals. That service is pretty expensive as it is valve adjustment and runs north of $500 at the dealer. Other than that its normal stuff like chain adjustment.

· Registered
74 Posts
Thanks for the replies so far.

I originally posted a stock photo from the internet; I replaced it with a photo of the actual bike for sale. It has the stock seat. Sorry for the confusion. I've heard the either the Corbin or the Sargent are worthwhile upgrades, as are bar risers or Helibars. If anyone has an opinion on the ergonomics, please share.

I have heard that the one to get is the ST3, but I have no idea why. Anyone?

I'd really like to get a handle on maintenance costs. That looks to be what this will come down to. If anyone has experience in the care and feeding of 4V Ducs, please let me know.
I have heli bar risers on my ST3 and cant imagine riding without them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.