Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Guys I was looking at Powerbronzes iridium screens.I also read about the melting clocks from iridium screens
http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=113394&highlight=powerbronze+iridium&page=2

You can also get an idea about them by clicking here.
At the bottom of the link you can download the catalogues.

I would like to ask if the iridium screens are resistant to stones etc or their iridium mirror coating peels and fells off,just like iridium helmet visors?
I ask because the iridium helmet visors are very sensitive to small stonew,insects etc and really delicate when you have to clean them.In fact it is a matter of time for the mirror coating to come off..
Does this happen to iridium windscreens as well?

PS:I know it's not the '90s but I like the look... ;D

·
Iron Butt Moderator
9,271 Posts
Just make sure the coating is on the bottom or inside of the screen, if not, don't even bother.

Color is personal preference. I have a dark smoke double bubble to help shade the guages so I can see them.

·
Registered
551 Posts
AFAIK you can't have the iridium on the bottom or anywhere other than the outside, otherwise it wouldn't have the trademark iridium reflection.

if that isn't the case, the visor manufacturers are either complete idiots or have good marketing models.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In their australian site
they say that
"Because the "film" is fused to the inside it avoids road/gravel & insect damage and will not fade or peel as Iridium "Imitations" tend to do."
If that's the case why don't helmet manufacturers do the same about their visors?

EDIT:Ermaxhas also screens that shine like iridium.

·
Iron Butt Moderator
9,271 Posts
Your call, that does help scratches, just watch what type of cleaning rag you use if you get one, it can etch just like a rock.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts