Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of getting one for the track ...

Any thoughts on the 1 or 2 pc suit?

How's the venting?

On the 2pc does the zipper go all the way around?

Thanks

·
Registered
61 Posts
nice suit...but entry level for the category. at that price, and getting the most out of it (performance, durabilty etc etc) i'd go with a spartanleathers.com suit. for less than 5 hunge they'll custom fit it for you with custom color/design. they make 1 and 2 piece suits. forgot the dudes name over there..but if you search 'spartan leathers' you'll find some threads about him.

http://www.spartanleathers.com/inde...roducts_id=1&zenid=r1usu3o60e3000dccfs73iqcq7

when i talked to him he seemed very cool. high quality suits, custom fit for a fraction of the cost of the big names. now, if you want a big "ALPINESTARS" logo on your back that's a differrent story.

i could care less who makes the suit...i just want protection if i go down and i'd like the suit to stay somewhat in tact should that every happen - GOD forbid.

good luck.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I just bought a Radar 1 piece 2 weeks ago. Build is nice. The only negative I cansay so far is the liner is permanently sewn to the suit so you cant wash it. Ventilation is good. Armor is good. Fit is good if you are built stocky. The fitment guide on NE is pretty accurate.

The zipper on the 2 piece only goes 75-80% around. I didnt like the 2 piece nearly as much. It also doesnt have the aero-hump the 1 piece has. Other than that, quality is the same as the 1 piece.

If you decide to buy one, you can get one for under $400 shipped from motoxoutlet.com. Just enter "sale" in the coupon code at checkout and it will knock $132 off the price listed.

I would have bought a TILT custom suit but the lead time was outside the window for when I needed to have the suit.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I unfortunatly do not have the leasure of a 5 week lead time for spartan or I would have been all over that.

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
seems like a legit option. My only concern with dave is getting a suit and breaking it in by the rally.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I just bought a Radar 1 piece 2 weeks ago. Build is nice. The only negative I cansay so far is the liner is permanently sewn to the suit so you cant wash it. Ventilation is good. Armor is good. Fit is good if you are built stocky. The fitment guide on NE is pretty accurate.

The zipper on the 2 piece only goes 75-80% around. I didnt like the 2 piece nearly as much. It also doesnt have the aero-hump the 1 piece has. Other than that, quality is the same as the 1 piece.

If you decide to buy one, you can get one for under $400 shipped from motoxoutlet.com. Just enter "sale" in the coupon code at checkout and it will knock $132 off the price listed.

I would have bought a TILT custom suit but the lead time was outside the window for when I needed to have the suit.
I have the radar 2 piece... and the only complaints i have are the ones he mentioned.

So far its been a great set of leathers for me. It seems to be built well and should last. I also feel pretty protected in it as well. Im glad i bought it!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts