Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What u guys think about the TRIUMPH TIGER 1050 i found one 2008 with 5300 miles guy want $6400 and just seeing if know anything or heard anything. Thanks

Sent from my LG-P925 using Motorcycle.com App

·
Banned
686 Posts
What u guys think about the TRIUMPH TIGER 1050 i found one 2008 with 5300 miles guy want $6400 and just seeing if know anything or heard anything. Thanks

Sent from my LG-P925 using Motorcycle.com App
"What do you guys think about the Triumph Tiger 1050? I found a 2008 model with 5,300 miles and the guy wants $6,400. I was just seeing who here knows about them, or what they've heard about them. Thank you."

--Translated using my education and ambition in 2.3sec

;D

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
Google is such a hard thing to use. Especially when you're googling for one of the most talked about manufacturers and one of their more talked about bikes for that particular year. There is no way you would find close to 100 well written articles about the pros a d cons of the bike, as well as comparisons and devaluation tables as the bike gets older.

Nope, your best bet is to ask a forum full of people who have ridden and loved a bike that isn't even remotely similar, aside from maybe the two wheels thing...

OTOH, the Tiger is a very capable bike that most riders will enjoy. However, it all depends on what you want from a bike. I obviously won't do the research for you on whether it's a deal, but I will ask you things like, what is your riding style, how did you ride the SV, why do you think you want a Tiger, and can you handle the jump in insurance costs? Then we can talk about if it'd be a waste of time for you to get the Tiger.

·
MOTORADOR
10,953 Posts

LG-P925

·
Registered
818 Posts
The Tiger 1050 is a nice bike. I've a friend who has had 2 955 Tigers and currently owns a 1050. Do your research (price, accessories, dealer & parts support, etc), but the bike itself is fine.

·
Registered
9,123 Posts
My friend just bought a leftover '10 Tiger 1050 brand new with three cases and a lot of accessories for $11K otd. He previously rode a '07 DL650. He loves the bike. Don't let the Tiger name fool you. This bike is a road bike, not a DS. Think of it as a more comfortable, more upright Speed Triple. Check out the Tiger subforum @ Triumphrat.net for more info.

·
Registered
8,290 Posts
It's a great bike. Tons of power, very smooth engine, comfortable riding position. I've ridden it a few times, and it's impressed me as a very capable and versatile bike. It also handles two-up well; you forget you have a passenger. With a set of hard saddlebags and a top case, it would make for a nice tourer; better than the Sprint, IMO.

I also talked to a guy who owns one for a while at a Triumph dealership. He said he beats the snot out of it, including running hard on dirt roads, and it never lets him down. He said the only weak part of the bike is the stock suspension -- he blew through two shocks until he upgraded to an aftermarket race shock. (Ohlins? Penske? Don't remember which.) He also upgraded the fork springs. As with the SV, a too-soft suspension is a common complaint.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts