Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
searched and didn't find much so i am posting this even though i hoped not to. Has anyone opened the 1gen s headlight? do you just need to bake it like the 2gen ones to get the two sections to separate? thanks

·
BannedCampCounselor
9,911 Posts
IIRC, the 1st gen S headlight is ALL plastic, even the lense. Too long in the oven and you'll discolor the headlight.
From what I remember when I had an S light, I dont remember there being any distinguishable tabs for splitting it and opening it..... Its been a few years since I looked at one though so I could be wrong.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
there are multiple little holes around the middle of it. there is some sort of epoxy or glue that has been squeezed out from between them which leads me to believe that it can be separated. is the lense on the 2g glass? i am possibly going to cut the lenses off anyways because i want to put projectors on and really just want the housing for waterproofing and the plastic lense will screw with the light pattern

·
BannedCampCounselor
9,911 Posts
If you could settle for just one projector then you could always try to look around and find a euro-svs 1g headlight. They were available in germany, i believe spain, possibly portugal, and probably a few other countries Im forgetting. Wasnt available in England, I know that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts