Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SV650, '01

while cleaning the engine, i think i snagged a hose, pulling it out; i'm not sure where it's supposed to go. anyone w/ the same year bike could probably look at theirs and know in a second... any help?

the hose in question is the one sticking out. it goes into the other side of the engine, and looks to have a red? liquid in it. the red circle is where i think it goes, but i just wanted to confirm. the photo is intentionally washed out because it's kinda dark in there, looking from the left side of the bike.

larger image

anyone know what i did, or how to fix?

thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
828 Posts
back away some and take another picture. cant tell too well but it looks possibly like a fuel hose to a carb. just a guess though from that pic

·
Registered
364 Posts
Where does the other end of the hose go? Have you checked the fiche at bike bandit?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hose goes to the airbox. The other end has a removeable plug that collects excess oil that build up in the airbox.

KB
thanks kb... is the hose supposed to be connected to anything? or is it the way it's supposed to be (the plug on the end doesn't seem to have a hole of any kind) do i just tuck it in?

i was looking at all the diagrams on bikebandit, and couldn't make any sense of any of them. i have a pic of the other side, but my card reader is acting up, and i can't get the pic off of the memory card.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I have had my airbox off close to a dozen times and I have never seen a hose of that size on it....odd

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
here's the right side of the bike, so we can see where the hose comes from:

(click for bigger)

zoomed in, or rather i put the camera's lens right on the hose coming from the radiator, to steady it for the 2 sec shutter speed. :)

(click for bigger)

unfortunately, i don't know enough about engines to even know what i'm looking at. anyone?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yeah now that you mention it I am wrong. I guess I got it confused with my CRF. It has the same exact hose that connects to the airbox to collect the oil that get's into the airbox.

Sorry if I led you in the wrong direction.

KB

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm pretty sure that's a carb sync mod. There's also probably a hose for the rear carb somewhere.

http://www.bluepoof.com/motorcycles/howto/svs_carb_sync/

I assume that's a plug of some kind in the end of the hose? I ran mine back to the the right side cover, put hose connectors in the ends and vacuum caps on them. I also used real vacuum line.
i think you might be right. when i bought the bike, the previous owner had said that the carbs were synced, and (i think, if i remember correctly, it's not in front of me) in the binder/manual that he gave, there's a whole set of printouts (looks like it's from that same guide) on how to do the syncing. i'll check the manual again tomorrow, as soon as i can.

thanks for the help everyone! i was worried that i'd messed something up.

side note: i was cleaning the bike in the my assigned slot at my apartment complex. i was midway through with the cleaning when i was reprimanded by the apartment manager that they "don't allow that kind of thing here", no oi changes, no cleaning, no fixing of anything on the apartment property. what kind of **** is that!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts