Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Thats pretty cool looking actually... Nice job.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you mean the belly pan scares you because it looks so awesome, cool. Otherwise you can suck it. I made the mirrors from chopped down bmx brake levers, aftermarket bar end sliders, aluminum bar, rivets, screws, and those tiny convex mirrors you're meant to stick on a truck's side view mirrors. Objects are closer than they appear!!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Lights are nice.

Bike looks homemade?

Belly pan just needs to be painted. I would also definately get rid of the homemade radiator cover.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Very industrial. I like it. What made you decide to go that direction with it? Did you just bin all the stock stuff, or was the bike laid over? I would love to see some before/after photos with a story. I laid mine over at about 25mph two weeks after I got it. I wanted to pretend it never happened, so I just brought it back to stock, but if I could do it over, I would defanitely get more creative. Good work.

·
Premium Member
3,056 Posts
if that's a home made belly pan (looks to be alum. riveted sheet) you did a great job. I disagree on painting it. Rather, build a similar styled tail section and go silver on the front fender. The industrial look is pretty cool.
I would also loose the radiator cover or redo it to make it thinner...with some visible rivets.

·
Lifer
5,220 Posts
If you mean the belly pan scares you because it looks so awesome, cool. Otherwise you can suck it. I made the mirrors from chopped down bmx brake levers, aftermarket bar end sliders, aluminum bar, rivets, screws, and those tiny convex mirrors you're meant to stick on a truck's side view mirrors. Objects are closer than they appear!!!
It's rare that I mock anything custom. I love that kinda stuff. I love your mirrors more, that's all.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mad Max!! Ha!! Totally. The Road Warrior is one of my favorite movies. I just now saw that there were more posts-too busy smoking spareribs! Yeah well, I got the bike for 2200.00 with a salvage title, and decided to go all Mad Max on it. Its straight. One tiny dent on the tank. The kid put an s front end on it cause the original forks were bent. I like the posture with clip-ons. The tank is stripped, brushed, and clearcoated. It was originally blue, which my girlfriend hated, me too. Painted the rear plastics black. New vortex sprockets; up two in the rear. RK gold chain. Superbrace fork brace-which I can tell the difference with-no joke. The front fender is carbon fiber. It didn't have side covers, so I just made them out of sheet. The radiator guard IS a heating duct cover-if someone wants to sell me a stainless one give me an offer. The pan is brushed aluminum sheet-same as my instrument cluster bezel in my 1970 Camaro-and a ain't going to paint it. The fairing is a chopped-down pocket bike fairing!! One thing that came with the bike that I think is really cool is the high-mount cherry bomb exhaust. The kid who had the bike before's dad was an old-school hotrodder with an exhaust shop. He bent the pipe and welded up the angled tip and had it powder coated. Take a close look. It sounds great and is obviously pretty open. I suppose I could get a pcIII and richen up my mixture eventually, but whatever.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I reallt like that main headlight, and the one underneath is a nice accent, but I think you should make a small shroud to clean it up a bit. Not a fairing or anything, just something to hide the wires and mounts to make it look like it's supposed to be there.

I think if you used the same technique that you used on the belly pan you would have something very very nice.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
"Too bad your aluminum frame sliders are useless, but they're great bling!"

Aesthetically true with the overall look. More metal, less plastic. However, have you ended up with a bent frame as a result of aluminum frame sliders? Seems like a better idea than none, or a dented tank.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Perhaps I should get some nylon or carbon fiber sliders then, hmm? Anybody else have an experience based opinion, less condescension?

BTW the HID is amazingly bright, and I am confident it is angled so as not to blind anyone-even someone in a lowrider. Night visibility is incredibly better. Still, the laws are fuzzy-especially state to state and county to county, so I still have the option of quickly switching over to halogen. The way this is wired the lower LED array will kill the other running lights if highbeams are switched on, but the intermittent pass/flash works with either halogen, HID or both on.

·
BannedCampCounselor
9,911 Posts
www.motosliders.com <-- for your frame sliders.

As for HID, the laws arent fuzzy. Not stamped DOT? Not legal. There arent any aftermarket retrofit HID lights that are DOT approved, at least, that I've found. Even non-retrofit units are marked "for off-road use", which means "not legal for highway (road) use"

1 - 20 of 30 Posts